Thread: New pc build 2010 (Animation & video editing)

Default New pc build 2010 (Animation & video editing)

Hey guys, check out the link to my animation and video editing pc. Some crazy videos coming very soon.

Any question you can contact me on insigniaproductions@hotmail.co.uk

Nabeel

All very interesting. Can you give a brief list of the main items. Many are unfamiliar to me. What kinds of power does it have? What software are you intending on using?

If you go to YouTube and type in new computer build 2010, it should be the first video. Check out the description section all the spec is on there. I use a number of softwares after effects, 3d Maya, media studio pro, premier pro, DVD maestro and a whole load of others. It was taking 50 sec to render a frame out on my mates computer through 3d Maya. On this pc it was taking 4 sec. It is a beast, very fast machine.

Anyone else see the irony in someone showing us an awesome PC in a video editing forum, and then providing us a 480p video with black bars all over the place? xD

But seriously dude you get me jealous with that rig!

This is a quick video I did and posted it on you tube. I don't have time to mess about with the settings. Come in about 3 months and see the stuff I will be producing on it, you will be shocked, I promise you.

I look forward to being shocked. The spec suggests is a 64bit o/s with a fast 8 core CPU, 12Gb RAM and a fast video card.
    Sadly, the youtube channel did not have any lists to work you have already done. Or have they not been possible to produce until now?

Windows 7 - 64bit
    Motherboard - Rampage II Extreme
    CPU - I7 975 Extreme
    Grapics Card - Quadro Fx 4800
    Ram - Corsair Dominators DDR3 12gb
    Power Supply - Antec Signature 850W
    CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U9B Special Edition
    Hard Drives - 300gb velociraptor x3
    Bluray Burner - LG 8X
    Case - Cooler Master Haf 932
    Total Cost - 4,000
    Built By My Best Friend - Marius AKA Marco

It's similar to mine but I got mine a few months ago, so now it's out of date.

If I was American I'd say it was awsome but I'm not so I'll just say it's very nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NAB View Post
    Come in about 3 months and see the stuff I will be producing on it, you will be shocked, I promise you.
    That's as maybe, but we won't be any more shocked than if it took you 50 secs per frame to render. You're the one who will benefit from the better machine, not the audience.
    Tim

That's as maybe, but we won't be any more shocked than if it took you 50 secs per frame to render. You're the one who will benefit from the better machine, not the audience.
    I agree with your basic concept here, and you may well be bang on in this case. I just wanted to point out that it's not necessarily the case.

The very first bit of freelance motion graphics work I done was on 3d software, and wasn't at that time really within my comfort zone. It had to have a major last minute rethink. I had, in my inexperience, done all the work and set up a render queue to find that rendering was going to go well beyond the delivery deadline.

The result was a simpler version of the job. It looked good and the client was very happy with it. But to this day processing capabilities have taken a very early part in decision making in relation to how a final product will look.

David.

Blog Entries

I freely admit my comment was a bit of a wind up, poking fun at those of use who get so carried away with the technology that we lose sight of the objective. I'm as guilty as the next man of that.

Your comments are salient and something I hadn't considered.

What I had considered (but conveniently ignored for the sake of a good line) is that much faster processing means it is feasible to try more things out in the same amount of time, so it does enable a greater amount of creativity. And this may well shock the audience.
    Tim