Thread: This Quality

1. Default This Quality

what kind of camera would be needed to get that type of quality something over $50,000, or is that clip a combo of editing and camera work.

This was shot on a Red Cam, a very expensive digital Camera!!

There is no doubt that this is a very good camera. However filming is not just about having a good camera. You have to use the camera properly, it's settings like getting the correct exposure, holding it right like using a tripod, not waving it around like a hose pipe, take care of the lighting, point it at something interesting. etc.....

If two different people point a camera at the same thing at the same time the result will not be the same. BUT it may or may not be the better camera that gets the best footage.

So to answer the question you do not need to spend $50,000 on a camera to get nice footage.

What Midnight Blue has said is very true, this camera is a very high resolution digital camera, it shoots at 4K resolution and is very very expensive, and about as close to the 'film' look as your going to get with a digital camera... but it's not magic. you still have to light well, and compose a nice looking shot. A very popular camera at the moment for producing this kind of look is the Canon 5D mark ii. It is a DSLR camera and shoot at 2K resulution, but is far more affordable and if used right, can produce very nice results. This is the showreel of one of my regular cameramen who uses the 5D camera.

5. Default

thanks guys, i am not really that much phased about getting this quality, its not like i can jump straight into it and expect myself to pull this off, as i have found takes lots of practise and experience to get creation like this.

6. Default

i just need a camera i can travel around with and make docos that people think are actually watchable and look like the real not some funniest home videos look alike. But that is all upto my camera, production, editing blah blah techniques.

7. Default

He must have some expensive lenses on to create something like that! or is it editing and on the spot camera effects?(exposure ect)
    man i am a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by martchap View Post
    What Midnight Blue has said is very true, this camera is a very high resolution digital camera, it shoots at 4K resolution and is very very expensive, and about as close to the 'film' look as your going to get with a digital camera... but it's not magic. you still have to light well, and compose a nice looking shot. A very popular camera at the moment for producing this kind of look is the Canon 5D mark ii. It is a DSLR camera and shoot at 2K resulution, but is far more affordable and if used right, can produce very nice results. This is the showreel of one of my regular cameramen who uses the 5D camera.

Basically he's a very good camera man using a very good camera, but he does have a lot of lenses, and he knows how to light well, and this is all nicely graded too. I just noticed that I'm answering questions from your other thread too about HDV tapes etc and you might be interested to know that this camera is within your price range and it is solid state so you wouldn't have to mess around with tapes which makes life a lot easier. The only problem is you can get a little carried away with less constraints and end up with way too much footage that you'll have to go through at a later stage. Another benefit is that it is also a photographic camera so is very easy to handle and can take nice still images too.

9. Default

i have been looking at this camera and really thinking about it, it would just be about getting alot of different lenses. But this is looking very promising!