Thread: Vertigo Productions 2011 Showreel

1. Default Vertigo Productions 2011 Showreel

Hey guyz,

This is my first ever showreel (i've made) and this is for my company promoting all the editing i am capable of also featuring our new logo:
    Check it out and rate 1-10...

I thought the piece was well put together and liked the split screen. The text near the end became to fast to see it properly. I think the Vertigo Productions logo background is far to busy.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I thought the piece was well put together and liked the split screen. The text near the end became to fast to see it properly. I think the Vertigo Productions logo background is far to busy.
    The logo is meant to be that as we are having a flash logo built and it will suit the website design. The text at the end is just from a trailer i made all the clips are from my own work...

Blog Entries

I am at a bit of a loss to understand (a) what the showreel is promoting and (b) what you mean by "the clips are from my own work".

You say it's a showreel to show off your editing skills, but it appears to be a promo for a games site (but if it's a games site, then why is it called Vertigo Productions"?)

It appears to have lots of clips and logos from games. Are you saying you created these logos and 3D graphics - if so, much respect. If not, then have you cleared copyright?
    Tim

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I am at a bit of a loss to understand (a) what the showreel is promoting and (b) what you mean by "the clips are from my own work".

You say it's a showreel to show off your editing skills, but it appears to be a promo for a games site (but if it's a games site, then why is it called Vertigo Productions"?)

It appears to have lots of clips and logos from games. Are you saying you created these logos and 3D graphics - if so, much respect. If not, then have you cleared copyright?
    I made all the text and the effects in the video, the 3D animation was from a trailer i made for a game, i just took a few of my best past projects and put them together for my companies showreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think the Vertigo Productions logo background is far to busy.
    I thought the logo was the best bit... gives me vertigo, anyway! Personally, I think you'd do well to take what you know of editing and use it to tell your own story. What are your friends into that you can film and edit? Gaming? Why not film them playing, get them to tell you what they're doing, then edit them into your games clips to tell a story? I'd find that much more interesting.

But then, I'm not a gamer, so perhaps I just dont get it.