Thread: Premiere is very slow

Default Premiere is very slow

Hi there, I am new into this stuff. I am little bit experienced with Adobe Premiere from last few years when I started it for just playing with some movies.

What I found is that Premiere is very slow, crashes many time and sound in my movies is unsychronized in preview. What I should do? What format & codec I should use to record and to edit?

2. Default

First of all adobe premiere is a good program but being slow and having so many crashes is normal in this program.
    If when you are editing a movie in timeline and a red line is above the whole movie (it means it needs to be rendered) then your project and your file format have confilict with each other. For example if your file is dv pal your project should be dv pal too.
    If the sound is not sychronized in preview its maybe because your file has high quality but it doesnt affect your editing and exporting.
    finally i want to say that premiere is not powerful program for editing heavy projects.

Quote Originally Posted by spido View Post
    First of all adobe premiere is a good program but being slow and having so many crashes is normal in this program.
    ...................... i want to say that premiere is not powerful program for editing heavy projects.
    Premier is only slow if you are using Premier CS4 and/or your computer is not up to it - you need very fast HDDs, lots of RAM and for CS5 a quadro Video card - and it is perfectly capable of editing "heavy projects" if you have the hardware..........

Lucia