Thread: Masked transitions

Default Masked transitions

Hi guys just joined this forum the now as I have not had success with youtube :p

New to sony vegas but here is my currant problem...

^ [Is the problem that I am trying to run the masked image over a video rather than another image?]

This was my inspiration to learn more about transitions [I just used to cross fade] but I wish to be able to do all of what Ekawa manages.

Thanks guys,

HyCy

On the upper track you need to change the compositing mode which is the little green squares next to the level slider. If memory serves me right you need to select Screen (it usually defaults to Source Alpha), this will show your little man from the upper track and make the black background disappear so you can see the lower track video.

Thanks so much for the reply, about to try it now

I'll let you know if you if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    On the upper track you need to change the compositing mode which is the little green squares next to the level slider. If memory serves me right you need to select Screen (it usually defaults to Source Alpha), this will show your little man from the upper track and make the black background disappear so you can see the lower track video.
    Perfect Midnight perfect, I spent hours re-masking and copying youtube tutorials but I think none mention this.

Thank you :0

Glad it worked for you. There may be other ways to do it but this is one way and if it works then great.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Glad it worked for you. There may be other ways to do it but this is one way and if it works then great.
    Another noob question....

When I save a snap shot [To pause vid] I want to edit the snapshot in paintshop pro but the image is tiny [Degraded] I have put preview onto best quality but its still unreadable. is there an easy fix other than to play the vid and take a screenshot on full res?

The only way is to have the project properties set to 1080p and have the preview setting on Best Full, this is the best resolution photo you will get. ie 1920 x 1080. It is perhaps low resolution compared to normal digital photos but the highest video resolution.

ill give it a whirl, again thank you for the reply, much appreciated