Thread: exporting in Adobe Media Encoder

Default exporting in Adobe Media Encoder

I have 2 questions.

1. Is there a way to adjust settings for the capture so that the file captured isn't so large?

2. Why is it that when i export in Adobe Media Encoder (wmv) the file is smaller than it should be. When i compare a 320 X 240 wmv file to my exported 320 x 240 wmv file, the exported one isnt the same size/quality

Default Re: exporting in Adobe Media Encoder

Quote Originally Posted by emactive
    I have 2 questions.

1. Is there a way to adjust settings for the capture so that the file captured isn't so large?
    No there isn't and more importantly, why would you want there to be. the point here is that for cpature you want a copy of everything onthetape and as it will be the source for all your editing you want thebest qauality available, hence the large files sizes. To average about 1Gb for 5 minutes of capture is perfectly normal. You save space during the export.

2. Why is it that when i export in Adobe Media Encoder (wmv) the file is smaller than it should be. When i compare a 320 X 240 wmv file to my exported 320 x 240 wmv file, the exported one isnt the same size/quality
    This is not an issue. the size of the file will depend onthe compression used and the content of the footage itself. i.e. if youhave a small spaceship flying across a black background it will compress more readily that a busy commuter shot won't it?

There's anothing to worry about here.