Thread: Can I copy only one part/section of a dvd to another dvd?

Default Can I copy only one part/section of a dvd to another dvd?

I have a DVD that was made from a VHS tape by a friend several years ago. He took several different tapes and put them all on one DVD.

I now want to copy only one part of this dvd to a single dvd so I can give it to a family member. That family member would not be interested in the other "media stuff of another family" on the original dvd. Can this be done?

Recap: I want to extract one part of a dvd that has several different families on it and put it on another dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by burnselk View Post
    Recap: I want to extract one part of a dvd that has several different families on it and put it on another dvd.
    If the DVD is not copy protected, then you can use a program like Ulead to copy off only the video section you want to a file, then burn the file(s) to a new DVD.

No copyrighting here worddigger.......it's a home made DVD made by a friend from old VHS tapes of our family from the early 1990's.

Can I do what you suggest using "Adobe Premiere Elements, version 2.0"? Although I've never really learned how to use that blasted software.........I could try it if you say it will work. Someone suggested I use "DVD Shrink"...........ever heard of that? And someone said I could do it with Nero.........but I'm new at this........but willing to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by burnselk View Post
    Can I do what you suggest using "Adobe Premiere Elements, version 2.0"? Although I've never really learned how to use that blasted software.........I could try it if you say it will work. Someone suggested I use "DVD Shrink"...........ever heard of that? And someone said I could do it with Nero.........but I'm new at this........but willing to learn.
    I can't speak to the particulars of these programs. All I'm saying is, if you have a program that will allow you to copy the desired video portion from a DVD down to a video file on your hard drive, then you can use that file to burn a new DVD. I know it can be done with Ulead. I don't know about the specific softwares you listed; I don't use them.