Thread: showing images on video at an 'angle'

Default showing images on video at an 'angle'

Hi all,
    I do hope this is appropriate to ask as a newbie to the forum. I'm trying to work out how to get a video look which shows something like an image or a screen capture on an 'angle'. I'm trying to make a demo video for some software I've been making and I like the look of that 'angle' type thing in the video sales pitch thing.

I would have searched the forums for this but I don't know what to call this type of thing and therefore how to search for it. Any help would be apprecaited - ie what its called and especially any software which could do this.

Many thanks

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

If you mean something like the images which fly in around 56 secs then you need an editor which will do 3D track motion.
    Sony Vegas Pro has it (not Sony Vegas Movie Studio versions) as do many other "serious" NLEs. Also compositing tools like After Effects and Motion.

I usually use After effects for that kind of thing. Check out VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals, they have some good tutorials showing you how to do this kind of thing, and they have some free presets for after effects which make it easier too.

Hi all,
    I'll look at purchasing Sony Pro sometime in the near future. For just now I think I've managed to get a simpler version of that effect on Powerpoint 2010. Thank you so much for the name of the effect and your help in general.