Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What camcorder

Default What camcorder

hEY, IM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND IVE GOT A QUESTION I NEED ANSWERING.

IVE GOT A FRIEND WHOS A WHIZZ AT EDITING WHOSE GOING TO EDIT SOME FOOTAGE IM GOING TO SHOOT WHEN HE GETS BACK FROM WHATEVER COUNTRY HES IN RIGHT NOW, ANWAY, I NEED TO GET A NEW CAMCORDER AND I KNOW SOD ALL ABOUT THEM. I WANT IT TO BE ONE OF THOSE ONES THAT HAS THE MINI TAPES, BUT I ALSO NEED IT TO BE ABLE TO HOOK UP TO MY PC FOR EDITING PURPOSES. I WANT TO SPEND IN THE REGION OF 250 - 350.

THANKS

ONLY by looking up your IP address did i find out you're in the UK. 250-350 what? Pounds, i now know. But nobody else would.

Also, type all in capitals again, and i'll delete your post, it's very bad etiquette.

Oh, and welcome to here.

Pretty much any modern camera will do. You'll need firewire/1394/i-link/whatever they're calling it and it'll be miniDV like you say.

Where will you buy from? Online? High street? That'll play a part in deciding what camera to recommend, based on availability and price differences on/offline. Just now though, take a look about this site, look at the guides and get reading. You don't wanna spend 3 ton without knowing exactly what you're getting and why you're getting it, what its capabilities are, and what its shortcomings are.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

I think you're lucky to get an answer, shouting like that.

I have this really cute piece of software called Boldfinger. I'm no touch typist, so I'm looking at the keyboard all the time I'm typing. It used to be so easy to accidentally hit the Caps Lock key and create whole paragraphs of SHOUTING before I 'd realised it. Boldfinger just tells the system to ignore the Caps Lock key: to actually use it, you do something like Ctrl + Caps Lock.

Are we far enough off topic yet? Do you think Mike will change his signature to include not only txt spkrs but also SHOUTERS?
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

I count shouting as part of TXT SPK.

That Boldfinger sounds good, I shall download it for myself.

Yes.

mrlipring, thanks for the answer, im looking to buy second hand, and the amount I quoted was simply the amount i was willing to spend, but thanks anyway.

And to all the people complaining about caps, I give my sincerest apologies, but you know, stop complaining and deal with it. theyre just letters.

Blog Entries

It's a bigger deal than a lot of people think. Most corporate email guidelines stress to their employees: NEVER TYPE EMAILS IN CAPITALS.

D'ya see what I did there?

I used to have a mobile phone that only sent texts in bold, there was no option to put them in lower caps.
    It wasn't so bad when i texted my mate's but if i met a bloke and asked him out for a drink over text, he thought i must be insane, or very pushy.

Check out a Sony TRV285, it downloads form digital tape, through usb or firewire.
    only 300 squids.

and its new. yay.

xx
    Rise lord Vader
    Yes my master.

Quote Originally Posted by CadburyBeaver
    if i met a bloke and asked him out for a drink over text, he thought i must be insane, or very pushy.
    Ooh, try me, try me. Let me see if I think you're being pushy.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FIND A HORSE"S HEAD IN BED WITH YOU MEET ME AT 9. :twisted:
    Rise lord Vader
    Yes my master.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast