Thread: Power director 9 or Sony Vegas Pro 10

Default Power director 9 or Sony Vegas Pro 10

Hi, been using Power Director 8 for a few videos ive done for friends. Never used sony vegas, but it seems heavily talked about in the forums. Is vegas alot better than Power director and is adobe premiere top of the pile ?
    Thanks

2. Default

u must use
    Sony Vegas Pro 10

is very great program and easy to use

Blog Entries

Vegas is talked about a lot here simply because many of the more active posters on this forum use Vegas. I suspect many of them came acoss this forum by searching for Vegas answers as I did. Users of specific software, particularly if it's not one of the really big players in the market (Final Cut/Adobe Premiere/Pinnacle Studio) tend to gravitate towards each other.

If you go with Vegas, you will find this forum particularly useful, but please don't take the fact that so many of us use Vegas to mean it is better or even preferable to other software. Users (and manufacturers websites) can tell you whether a program implements this or that feature, and user forums will give you an indication as to how stable the programs are, but whether you get on with a program or not only comes with using it. The best program is the one which (a) does what you need and (b) you feel most at home with.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Vegas is talked about a lot here simply because many of the more active posters on this forum use Vegas. I suspect many of them came acoss this forum by searching for Vegas answers as I did. Users of specific software, particularly if it's not one of the really big players in the market (Final Cut/Adobe Premiere/Pinnacle Studio) tend to gravitate towards each other.

If you go with Vegas, you will find this forum particularly useful, but please don't take the fact that so many of us use Vegas to mean it is better or even preferable to other software. Users (and manufacturers websites) can tell you whether a program implements this or that feature, and user forums will give you an indication as to how stable the programs are, but whether you get on with a program or not only comes with using it. The best program is the one which (a) does what you need and (b) you feel most at home with.
    I totally agree with this. I'm a Premiere user but i also respect the potential of other softwares. Just choose any actually and master that software. Once you mastered one, that's already the best video editing program for you.