Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: images stretched on avchd film..

  1. #1

    Default images stretched on avchd film..

    Don't know whats the answer here so puttiing it out there...
    I have put together a film using 90% avchd footage edited in corel . The other 10% is photos. The thing is photos only have two options for display: keep aspect ratio OR same as project.
    Either one looks like the photos are stretched to me...
    check out 2.20 odd to see what you think.
    Is it caused by 1980x1080 being inherently wide screen or something?
    Anyone know any work arounds for this little problem?
    thanks
    Alex

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,526
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    When importing stills to an AVCHD project, I first batch resize them to a width of 1920. I let the photo editing software leave the aspect ratio the same, meaning the height will be greater than 1080. Although the height will be different, and you will essentially crop the top and bottom when using these photos in your video editing software (if you maintain the aspect ratio).

  3. #3

    Default

    ha ha, was only thinking the other day .... wonder what happened to the chap with the whippet who made the wild life vids and here you are

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    ha ha, was only thinking the other day .... wonder what happened to the chap with the whippet who made the wild life vids and here you are
    Ha. Thanks. Turns out whippets aren't crazy on -10. He needed seriously tempting to get off the sofa to make any kind of appearance.
    Alex

  5. #5

    Default

    Marc,
    Thanks for that I will try and work out what size options I have to edit the photos in picassa . Good advice. Thanks,
    alex

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 11:08 PM
  2. Images create Jittery film after rendering...PLEASE HELP!!
    By Lee1989uk in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 01:01 PM
  3. Stretched Image Upon Capture??
    By James1719 in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 06:27 AM
  4. Stretched Image Upon Capture?? Help?
    By James1719 in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 12:06 AM
  5. Stretched images when imported into Premiere
    By Valmayw in forum Forum Announcements and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 07:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •