Thread: Editing Movie - Name of Effect?

Unhappy Editing Movie - Name of Effect?

Hey guys.
    I am pretty 'new' with editing video's. I love to make short edits of Call of Duty video's, but I am looking for a name of a certain effect.

A friend of a friend mine edited this

but I don't know how he did that. Is this all possible with Sony Vegas or only with After Effects?

And if you look close, you can see a blue-ish light-effect. I am wondering HOW I can do that?
    Sorry if these questions bother you? I am just very curious.

Thanks a lot.
    (Tell me if this is the wrong forum for this?)

I feel sure that Vegas would be suitable, but I confess; I am not totally sure of the effect you want. I suspect it is the quick cuts between different sequences. The blue things looks like a very poor attempt to add some colour. Vegas can do alot more than you see here.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I feel sure that Vegas would be suitable, but I confess; I am not totally sure of the effect you want. I suspect it is the quick cuts between different sequences. The blue things looks like a very poor attempt to add some colour. Vegas can do alot more than you see here.
    If you take a close look at 0:15 of the video, the part where it slows down. You can see this blue light effect? I am interested in this effect. Do you know how I can achieve this effect? (:

It may be achieved using a graduated filter. It is common for video editing software to allow the User to superimpose images, and to change the opacity (transparency) of the top layer.
    (note - I was actually rather unimpressed by the example in the clip. To me, it looks more like a fault in the rendering; rather than being an effect added on purpose. I don't quite understand what the effect is trying to achieve)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    (note - I was actually rather unimpressed by the example in the clip. To me, it looks more like a fault in the rendering; rather than being an effect added on purpose. I don't quite understand what the effect is trying to achieve)
    I have to agree. I thought it was a glitch in the capture / render too!