Thread: New to video editing - help?

Smile New to video editing - help?

Hi Guys!
    Firstly, i apologies if i am posting this in the wrong section of the forum.

I recently just purchased a camera for photography (FujiFilm Finepix HS10). It is an amazing camera and i also realized that it records videos in FULL HD (1080p) .

After browsing around the web i found that a lot of videos can be shot using a DSLR type camera so i said why don't I give it a shot :P

I do have Adobe After Effects CS5, Adobe Premiere CS5 and Sony Vegas 10 (from previous laptop owner) and it seems that alot of people do use these software for video editing.

let me get into detail, i want to edit videos so it has like a nice "Film-Look" to it. I Watched this video on Youtube and i think that's what REALLY inspired me. Basically - i want to make/edit videos so it looks like this :

Help would be MUCH appreciated if anyone can tell me how to achieve those effects with the software i have on my laptop.

Thank you so much

Regards
    Ray

Blog Entries

+For Vegas , the terms you need to know and learn are vegas video curves - Google Search. For Premiere, look at Magic Bullet

Hi Marc,
    Thanks for your reply. I've managed to get a nice effect that looks smiler by using the colour curves on Sony Vegas.

Just another quick question, don't know if you can help me here.
    If you look at the first video example i gave.

at around 0:43 the camera like moves around him, but it stops at intervals if you get what im saying? if i was going to do something like that would i just record the clip of me moving the camera around/towards the subject (as shown) then just "split" the clip up or somehow? if you can help me with this it, again would be appreciated. another example of this is 2:28 where the cam spins around her. And also towards the end

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Ray

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray2310 View Post
    at around 0:43 the camera like moves around him, but it stops at intervals if you get what im saying?
    Simply trim the clip in the preview monitor so that it lasts a few frames, then drop this on the time line. Now repeat with a different, later, section of the video. Build this up using 6 or 7 clips.

Thanks Marc! i think i know what you're saying.

do you know what this effect is called? I would like to do some further research on it

Regards
    Ray

6. Default

Jump Cut....I believe...