Thread: Problem with importing Footage From Toshiba Camileo H30 to Sony Vegas 10

Default Problem with importing Footage From Toshiba Camileo H30 to Sony Vegas 10

Hi i'm new to the forum, i'm a video editor and i'm having an issue with importing video from my Toshiba Camileo H30 to sony vega pro 10, I'm a bit stuck, I'm not a well informed person when it comes to codec types but i was almost certain that Sony vegas would able to read an .Avi fie type the code is H.264 and sony vegas will take it when i Import the file but it will not play it for editing I've looked online (google) and have came across a video of the same issue such as myself listed below

I'm wondering is there still a work for this camera without having to render each clip to become compatible for sony vegas 10 to read and edit with or atleast a quicker more accurate way to go about converting my video for playback on sony vegas. thank you and any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

You are trying to work with video which is still on your SDHC card. Importing video into a Vegas project does not copy any video at all - it simply creates a link within the project to that video file. I suspect it is complaining because it is unable to work directly on the timeline with you SDHC card.

What you ned to do is copy (in Windows Explorer) the file(s) from your media card onto your hard disk. Then import the file(s) which are on your hard disk.

I suspect this will resolve your issue, but if not, please come back.

PS: That video was extremely useful. Without that we would never have known you were trying to import directly from your SDHC card. Thanks for posting.
    Tim