Thread: The Snowman

Blog Entries

Default The Snowman

You may have seen my epic fail thread (I'd tried to and failed to record a timelapse of me building a snowman). This is what I cobbled together from the remains!

2. Thumbs up

You need to go around in a circle when building the body of a snow man

But it's not to bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheComputerSaint View Post
    But it's not to bad.
    It's awful! Embarrasingly bad

Blog Entries

Really didn't know what to make of this. Is the soundtrack all one piece? The electrostatic "rhythm" track seems not to be mixed with the chords: it has more presence.
    I quite liked the sharp cutting, particularly in that you choose irreglar beats to cut on. But I'm not sure it suited the footage. In fact I'm not sure what would suit the footage. Maybe you've progressed beyond what I can comprehend....or maybe you just need your equipment not to give out, so you can make the film you planned.
    On the plus side, there were some lovely smooth handheld "dolly" shots (though I missed your trademark handheld "crane"), and you've got the exposure on that snow bang on. It's a shame we didn't have a nice clear deep blue sky as a contrast, but this is England after all.
    I hope you're going to be good and green, particularly in these times of financial uncertainty and find a used for the carrot now the snow's melted.
    Tim

Blog Entries

The music was Peculiar Fascination by Yasume. It was one of the many pieces I've squirreled away waiting for the right video. Was it the right video? Probably not! I wanted to do "something" with what little I had (what can you do with half a time lapse?) Not really sure it worked out, but it was fun doing something different!

I liked it. Fun and different. Even though the soundtrack didn't fit the subject of the footage, I think it fit the type of editing quite well.

I'm not sure that was a snowman it looked more like a snowwoman to me. I like that you tried to rescue your fail, I thought you edited it well to the unusual music.