Thread: Question about importing using Mpeg setting in Pinnacle Ultimate

Default Question about importing using Mpeg setting in Pinnacle Ultimate

I'm using pinnacle 14 Ultimate and import footage from mini-dv via firewire. Been getting loads of dropped frames on the import 'DV Quality' (AVI). I tried importing on Mpeg setting and there were no dropped frames at all.

So, when I go to compile and create the disc, if I select the 'Best quality setting', will my footage be top quality - in other words, will the computer render (?) it when compiling the disc. Years ago on Pinnacle 9 I think I remember reading that you could import using Mpeg setting and this would mean your PC doesn't have to work as hard during editing, but when you create the disc the software will then transform the quality back to AVI standard. Is the same still true for Pinnacle Ultimate??

Thanks for any suggestions.

By the way, my 28 day period to return my software ends tonight, so I was kind of hoping for a few answers by then!!! - If importing Mpeg cannot be rendered to give as good a finished DVD quality as AVI import then I'm thinking of returning Pinnacle and trying something else - maybe Powerlink - tried a demo last night and no probs with dropped frames.

Thanks.........

When you create a disk (DVD) the software will convert what ever is on your time line to mpeg2. That is the formate of all standard DVD's. I think you would get better quality if you where working with DV .avi but you may hardly notice the difference. Try Sony Vegas Movie Studio/Platinum or what ever it's called. It's better than Pinnacle and around the same price.