Thread: Plug-in to render .mov files (H264) in Sony Vegas Pro 10

Default Plug-in to render .mov files (H264) in Sony Vegas Pro 10

So I have Sony Vegas Pro 10 (I think this is the one professionals use, not sure) and I want to render .mov files for my class since we are supposed to work with Final Cut Pro but since I don't have money I cannot buy the a MAC computer at the moment.

Long story short, I was wondering if there was a plugin or something for render .mov files in Sony Vegas Pro 10? Everytime I render it uncompressed it's like 7 gb for a 3 minute video. If I compress it the quality is really bad. Is there a better compression plug-in or something for better quality compression of mov?

Is there a good h264 plug-in for Sony Vegas Pro 10 as well?

On a side note, is Sony Vegas Pro 10 very bad at rendering .mov files? At a decent compression Final Cut Pro makes a 3 minute video in high quality only 1 gb, but I guess it is a apple(.mov format) program.

Default Same problem

I am having the same problem rendering to Quicktime. I'm rendering in 3mbps, but it's still nothing like an avi rendering. The sound quality was particularly awful, but I did manage to solve that by changing to μLaw 2:1 on the audio tab in "customize." I am now playing around with different video setting from Sorenson (which, annoyingly, has a "configure" button but doesn't actually allow you to change any settings). I am doing all of this purely hit-and-miss -- it's amazing to me that there seems no guidance to be had in the online help for the software. It took me an hour of hit-and-miss just to get the 16:9 aspect ratio properly generated in Quicktime. Ugh!