Thread: Neophyte Needs Help

Default Neophyte Needs Help

I live and work in West Yorkshire and have always being interested/obsessed with film. So much so, that I am trying to create my own short film. I have recently completed a screenwriting course and from this have created a screenplay and a storyboard adapting a short story I had previously written. Being a complete neophyte within this milieu, I am rather outfaced by the actual filming process. Having said that, I have done a great deal of work in the theatre - acting and directing. I, of course, do not have the funds to hire professional/s.Moreover, I work full-time, have a family, etc, so the prospect of doing any long-term training on the mechanics of filmmaking would be difficult. My ideal, is if there are any amateur cameramen out there who may be interested in joining me to make, what would be, a simple, but IMHO very effective short film that could be entered into local festivals etc.

If you would like to know more, please drop me a line.

Lerm

Blog Entries

Have you considered joining your local IAC affilliated amateur movie making club, or approaching them for assistance/recruits?
    Film Making Clubs a-d
    Tim

I haven't, Tim; The list looks extensive and is very useful. Thanks a lot, Tim

Blog Entries

You're welcome. Be prepared for the fact that the majority of members tend to be of retirement age (the only people who have time to make films as amateurs). You laso may find quite a few of the films rather "staid" shall we say. However, among the chaff there's plenty of wheat and if you look at some of the links to films on the IAC site you'll see the good quality which some people do produce.
    Tim

That looks great, Tim. There is no society just down the road and even the closest are an hour-ish away. Still, there looks to be some good people there who may be able to help me and I could certainly learn from. So worth making a bit of an effort to travel.