Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatically Resizing Size?

Default Automatically Resizing Size?

Hello,

I have been trying to solve this problem since last one week but no luck. I even posted a project on a freelance webmaster website but it seems like people there are not fimilar with video editing tools.

Anyways, here's my problem. If i import a .wmv file in premiere and then export it (with/without applying text effect) it automatically reduces the height and width of the video. It shows the correct size in top two windows in premier but when i see it in media player the size is actually
    the half of the original one. I exported it using almost all the encoders and also checked their 'target settings' but still nothing.

I would really appreciate if anyone can download the video and let me know whats wrong. I have to meet a deadline and this is getting very frustrating.

http://www.apsilen.com/website/videos.zip

Thanks a lot!

You really should tell us exactly how you performed the export and exactly what settings youused at each stage if youreally want help.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if you had just chosen the wrong preset for export. When I ask for a WMV export I have a list of about 50 presets to choose from. Nearly each one is a different size.

Also, I;ve found you have ot be quite carefull, when exporting as WMV, to get the pixel aspect ratio right. This fools me all the time and I have to re-export aftre double checking my settings.

Hello Allan,

I clicked on File > Export > Adobe Media Encoder and selected Windows Media Video 8 for Local Area Network (768 kbps).

Here are the settings:
    -------------------------
    General Summary:
    Output: Compressed
    Average Kbps: 450.00

Video Summary:
    Codec: Windows Media Video V8
    Encoding Passes: One
    Bitrate Mode: Constant

Audio Summary:
    Codec: Windows Media Audio 9
    Encoding Passes: One
    Bitrate Mode: Constant

Metadata Summary:

Audiences Summary:

Target 1
    Maximum Bitrate (kbps): 386.00 (low quality)
    Width: 320
    Height: 240
    Frames Per Second: 30.00 (medium quality)
    Keyframe Interval (seconds): 10
    Buffer Size (seconds): 5
    Image Quality: 100.00 (high quality)
    Audio Format: 64 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo CBR

Can you tell me what "Pixel aspect ratio" is? It might have something to do with that.

Thanks

I think this is your answer - form your description.

You started, presumably, with standard PAL/NTSC size clip from your camera but your export settings show that your exported 'movie' has a screen size of 320x240 which is roughly half normal size. Look for a preset which is 640x480 (ish). This will be much closer to 'normal size'

Hello Alan,

I didn't make the video myself. I actually downloaded it from the web and the size of the original video is 320x240 as well. I tried to do the same thing in 'Blaze Media Pro' and it exports the file in the size i want it to but it doesn't have the "titles" that adobe premier has so its no use.

Can you download the zip file i uploaded.

Thanks a lot.

OK, maybe I should have downloaded your example project first off I suppose. The problem is now obvious.

Firstly though, curiously your poject is nealry four minutes long na donly the first 8 seconds has any footage in it

ok your originakl footage is 320x240 and you want a 320x240 export, which you've chosen, right?

Your problem is the fact that your project is in fact 720x480. So you footage onlyt takes up about half the work area available - obvious from the large black border visible in the monitor window. Now when you export to 320x240 Premiere is exporting the entire 720x480 work area reducing it to 320x240. So your little clip floating around in the middle will also be reduced by the same ratio making it appear half size.

What you need to do is when starting a new project (I'm using Premier Pro 1.5 here so can only quote for that) click on the custom settings tab and choose an editing mode of 'Video for Windows'. You can then set yor work area size to whatever you want.

not sure if this is editabel - you may have to start your project again. but from the exmaple you posted you didn't get too far anyways.

Let us know how it allgoes.

Hello Alan,

IT FINALLY WORKED! How can i ever thank you? I have been trying to fix it since last several days and i finally did it thanks to you.

"Firstly though, curiously your poject is nealry four minutes long na donly the first 8 seconds has any footage in it"

I uploaded the cropped version of the clip on my server so that everyone can download it quickly. The original file is almost 4 minutes long and 10 mb in size.

If you ever need help with any web development/design related work, feel free to contact me at info@apsilen.com or www.apsilen.com.

Thanks once again!

Another satisfied customer Glad to be of service

Hello Alan,

I'm having another problem now, i didn't notice it yesterday. When i change the Frame Size in New Project > General > Custom Settings and import a .wmv file i cannot see its sound waveform in the timeline or hear it after exporting the file and when i change it back to the default framesize it works fine.

Default Framesize:
    http://www.apsilen.com/default_framesize.gif

Custom Framesize:
    http://www.apsilen.com/custom_framesize.gif

Can you tell me whats wrong?

Thanks a lot!

pass!

not seen that or heard of it before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast