Thread: How Do I combine 2 VF files into one VF File?

Default How Do I combine 2 VF files into one VF File?

I have Sony 9 Pro.

I'm working on a documentary, and have created different vf projects for different sections of the documentary.

For the sake of reducing the total running time of my documentary, I want to combine 2 vf files into 1 vf file,then edit that file down to 15 minutes.

How do I do that?

I've created a new project name for the first vf file. Then I open the second vf file, click Edit, Select All, Edit, Copy.

But when I go back to the newly-named vf file (which will be a combination of the two earlier vf files), the Paste function is grayed out.

So how do I add vf file/project B to the end of vf/project file A in the same timeline/vf file?

Thanks!

By vf file do you mean the project file .veg. If so just go to explorer and drag them to the time line. It's like magic.

The file has a .vf extension. It's Vegas Platinum 9.0 if that helps.

If I open the vf file I want to be a combination of vf files A and B,and I've already put vf file A there, I can go to Explorer and see vf file B. But when I drag vf file B to the timeline, vf file A disappears. All I have in the timeline at that point is vf file B.

I want a vf file that has vf file A followed by vf file B.

How do I do that?

Can you help me, Midnight Blue?

Right, I understand. the .veg file is the Pro version of the .vf file. With the pro version you can drag multiple project files onto the time line. It looks like one of the limitations of the Vegas Platinum version of the program means you can not do that.

The only other way would be to render the projects (good quality renders) then add them together as a new project. Not the most satisfactory way of doing it but the only way I can think off. Unless there is some sort of import a project file option in your version of the program. I've never used it so I can't help any more with that.

I really, really appreciate you taking the time to try to help me with my problem.

Unfortunately, as you acknowledge yourself, rendering the file would reduce the quality.

Does anyone else have a solution?

I can't believe this doesn't come up on a regular basis.

The externsion stands for VideoFactory, which was a previous incarnation/owner of the NLE lines. They owned VegasVideo and the cutdown version VideoFactory - VF.

I'm not with StudioPlat to try this out, but try opening up 2 simultaneous sessions of Studio and see if you can directly copy Events from StudioSession 1 directly into StudioSession 2. If you are able to do that then you will have an oprion to consolidate projects.

You, sir, are a genius. Thank you so much!

Were you able to open 2 instances of StudioVegas?

The genious plaudit should really go to the engineer/programmers at SCS, not I. But, I'm glad it's working.

Yes, opening both instances was not a problem. I was able to move the first vf file into the second instance, allowing me to combine both separate vf files into one larger vf file in the second instance. Again, thanks so much.

I'm on Platinum 8 and by coincidence I just did what the OP wants to do, about an hour ago, I didn't open two instances of the programme up though, problem is I can't remember how I did it. I'll post how I did it soon (thinks: must make notes of everything I do in Vegas, or have pretty secretary do it.)