Thread: tips for exporting/rendering videos to be burned to DVD's?

Default tips for exporting/rendering videos to be burned to DVD's?

i burned a documentary and when i watched it on my dvd player, there were these weird motion blurs that weren't there in the original video. well, they were more like jagged lines that appeared whenever the camera moved/ the titles that i made were also cut off. we used one of those sony handycams that record on mini dvd's. i used adobe after effects cs3 and i rendered the project to an mpeg-2 file and converted it to video_ts videos with DVDFLICK. then i burned it to a dvd-r with Nero StartSmart. can anyone tell me what I did wrong? or do you need more info?
    Last edited by johnphenomenon; 11-24-2010 at 12:38 AM.

2. Default

I'm not sure but maybe Nero has changed the format. I usually edit my movie with Adobe Premiere pro3 and export it into an AVI format (microsoft dv avi) and import it in Edius and burn it to dvd by Edius facilities(it's little creepy but Premiere pro3 doesn't burn on dvd) try a program which both convert and burn dvd.

Sounds like an interlace artifact. Try changing the field order of the deinterlace option in your software, (if there is an option) If it's standard definition footage the field order should be lower field first, HD footage upper field first.