Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas 9 Pro HUGE Rendered files (wmv 720p)

1. Default Sony Vegas 9 Pro HUGE Rendered files (wmv 720p)

So I'm having trouble with rendering a movie. It's a little under 4mins, recorded with Fraps at 60fps. Here are the settings I'm using to render it; Imageshack - rendersettings.jpg

I rendered it over night and it was like 2.3gb (with 1080p settings still taking REALLY long time to render at 720p), I've been having huge files forever and it hasn't bothered me till now. Some clips i have made are 10-15 seconds and are around 100mb+. It also takes a REDICULOUS time to render, somewhere close to 5hours+ (For this particular 4min video)

I don't know if this matters but I'm running Win7 64bit with 4gigs of ram, and nothing else is running in the background when I'm rendering.

Thanks in advance.

I noticed your project and rendering settings are 29.76fps but the footage is 60fps This could have some bearing on the rendering times. It's having to half the number of frames but keep the smooth running image. Both the files size and the rendering times seem excessive to me. BUT rendering times is determined by a number of things such as the length of the piece and the amount of material, number of tracks on the time line, number and type of transitions, number and type of FX etc. The most important part of your computer is the CPU, you may have 4Gb of RAM but if you have a slow CPU it's going to take a while with rendering. Another thing that will affect the rendering times is the configuration of your HDD ie If you have one hard disk, it will not work as efficiently as having separate drives of the program/OS and the media. Also how full the disk is, if it's fragmented etc.... So there are a lot of variables.

I did a test render of a 10 second .avi clip 720p 25fps, no transitions or FX, using the same .wmv template as you. It took about two mins and the file size is just under 7Mb for CBR render at 720p. So that would be 168Mb for 4 mins. This is on a dual core 2.8Gb PC.

Not exactly scentific but I hope it helps or gives you some sort of bench mark.

3. Default

Okay so i decided to re-render using the 720p template, and i got an error about "Unrecognized fraps format" or something. Even though I'm using the most up to date fraps version. It got to like 49% and took almost 6 HOURS.

My CPU is a AMD Phenom 9650 Quad 2.3GHz i don't think there should be a problem there, and I'm using an extremely fresh install of win7 (I reinstalled about 3 days ago and i haven't used very much of my hdd) I guess i will try recording at a lower fps and see what happens. Anything else that may be a factor?

4. Default

Alright so, i decided to try what you did. I went and recorded a 10 second Cod Black ops clip, i rendered it with the 720p settings i posted and it took 1:11 Seconds and came out to be around 9.5mb. So I'm assuming my problem is the frames I'm recording at.

So now I'm thinking, what would happen if i upped the rendering frames to match what i recorded it at, would that create an even bigger file or should i just re-record and restart my entire project?

Well if you have twice as meany frames per second (60fps) you will have a bigger file.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well if you have twice as meany frames per second (60fps) you will have a bigger file.
    Alright well i guess i have no choice but to start over, thanks for your help. I'll make sure to come back if i run into anymore problems.

7. Default

Unfortunately I'm back with another problem, i rerecorded everything at 30fps and put it back together but now I'm getting a Memory Error;
    Imageshack - lowmemory.png

I really have no idea why this is coming up, sometimes it says it at the beginning of the Render or really far into rendering it will pop up. Any ideas?

Are you running the 64bit version of Vegas ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Are you running the 64bit version of Vegas ?
    Yeah i am.

Well it's beyond my knowledge, This could be some funky windows setting or faulty hardware. I don't think it's a Sony Vegas problem but I could be wrong. I just don't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast