Thread: supperclub promotional video

Default supperclub promotional video

Check out the promotional video I made for the supperclub, based in Ladbroke Grove West London.

It's the 4th one down in the player

Video Production Services Company UK London

Blog Entries

Hi Dariv, welcome to the forums. Are you looking for feedback on your video, or are you looking to promote the video? This part of the forums is for getting a critique of your video.

Hi Marc,

Yes was looking for a general critique, with an added bonus of promotion I guess, is that OK?

Blog Entries

If you're a sensitive sould don't read any further - if you want an honest opinion read on.

First off I got as far as the star transition and gave up - and then thought it unfair to comment without watching all the way through. So i did.
    Honest opinion? Being fairly brutal I thought it was dreadful - the transitions and track motion are straight out of the dark age of video editing - almost made worse by your claim of "slick, innovative editing" so proudly trumpeted on your website. The use of stills mixed with footage doesn't work for me either.

Do you own a tripod? Perhaps its my wireless connection here (I suspect not) but so many shots looked jerky and almost aimless at times.
    I think it's far too long - It needs much tighter editing and needs to grab the audiences attention instantly. which it doesn't.
    The club itself looks like a place with alot of action that deserves a thoughtful, pacey edit. You simply seemed to have rocked up, filmed for an evening and then hashed your footage together.

If I'd paid you for this I'd be demanding a refund.

I think you should learn to pick your shots - make them count. Learn to edit tighter - cut out rubbish, cut out jerky shots, cut out anything that isn't 100% perfect. Prepare - be ready for the girl with hearts on her tits - and be ready to get reaction shots from the audience. I could go on but I'm pretty much guessing you're hating me already.

I'm not hating you because you're entitled to your opinion whether I agree with it or not, funnily enough a lot of your criticisms are what I pulled up with the client in the first place, the star transitions the use of certain shots and the reverse shot at the end are all things I didn't want in, but the fee paying client did.

I actually shot for 4 different nights over the course of 4 weeks, as far as the jerky shots are concerned are you sure that it's not your internet connection? Or maybe you're trying to watch in 720 and your video software isn't quite up to scratch, because I can assure you there are no jerky shots in the entire video.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dariv View Post
    as far as the jerky shots are concerned are you sure that it's not your internet connection? Or maybe you're trying to watch in 720 and your video software isn't quite up to scratch
    If the problem was Andy's video software or internet connection, then many other people would experience exactly the same problem. If you make a promo, it should be aimed at what you reasonably expect people to have. You can't make an ad that has high technical requirements (though you can always pimp the lo-res one and have a link to a hi res version)
    However...
    Quote Originally Posted by dariv View Post
    , because I can assure you there are no jerky shots in the entire video.
    I suggest you look again at the pan across the people standing on the mezzanine at around 28 secs and the shot immediately following.
    Tim

I stand corrected, though I'm sure that's got something to do with the encoding, I promise you those shots did not look like that in the final output, guess those ones slipped by.
    Dare I ask what you guys think of my 2010 showreel? The first video on the player.

Is this the kind of places you have in that there London, alright, alright, calm down, calm down. Joking aside, it went on a bit long to hold my interest. BUT I 'm not the target audiance.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-06-2010 at 03:21 PM.