Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandi & Manjit's Wedding - Trailer.

Blog Entries

Default Mandi & Manjit's Wedding - Trailer.

See if you can spot my little contribution to this wedding video - I can't claim anything other than filming here, but I think it's worth a look.

Mandi & Manjit's Wedding was filmed at no less than 6 locations in and around Birmingham in the Summer of 2010.

It was a day filled with opulence, splendor, vivid colours and character.

Tech Stuff:

Filming: 5 crew, 2 5D mkII's, 2 Z5's and a Z1, 2 Camera cranes(one Kessler, one Hague K12), 2 steadicams, Glidetrack Shooter.
    Editing: Premiere CS5, After Effects, plug ins - Red giant's Magic Bullit, Shine, mojo, New Blue Effects, VCP Optical flares etc.

For more of his work - visit index

Blog Entries

Bloody Hell.

I've seen cinema trailers much worse than that. Very impressive.

The music was way too bombastic for my liking but it suited the event perfectly and, no doubt, the clients are pleased. Which is the bottom line. The whole crew did really well and the crane shots fitted perfectly.
    Wait... A crane at the reception...!!!??? Marc, guess what's coming in February...
    In order to be Craig Revel-Horwood I shall comment that a couple of the steadycam shots were slightly off (not saying that I could do it any better, just trying to look clever by finding a mini fault with a spectacular shoot).

Seriously, now every Wayne and Tracy will expect that for 500.

Blog Entries

Haven't had a chance to look at this yet... but six locations?! I shudder at the amount of money that goes into these types of weddings. I know I've gone way over budget on my wedding.

Will take a look this evening. Make sure you get the credits on Vimeo .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    ..In order to be Craig Revel-Horwood...
    Can't you be Alishia Dixon? She would've just smiled and said 'very well done'.... And she's not gay either. Sadly.

Wow, that's a real production. First there was Hollywood, then Bollywood, now Lockwood.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Can't you be Alishia Dixon? ... And she's not gay either. Sadly.
    Errr okay Andy is there something you want to tell us?

I really meant it when I said it was it was bloody good, I was just trying to be sarky with a "Craig" comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    First there was Hollywood, then Bollywood, now Lockwood.
    Oh puh-lease, the puns on this forum are getting worse and worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    ...I really meant it when I said it was it was bloody good, I was just trying to be sarky with a "Craig" comment....
    I know - and thanks - I wish I could take credit for more than a bit of jib work. And I was just trying to be funny back.

Blog Entries

I was just itching to spot a punctuation mistake!
    Sickeningly good.

(Please look away for a minute Marc)

I realsie weddings are a pretty big day, but, whilst I'm delighted that this gives crew and staff gainful employment as well as a chance to pracice some creative skills, I can't help thinking this is all so big that everything after the "big" day can only be downhill, when it is blown out of all proportion like this. I wonder if the Bishop of Westminster would give the marriage seven years?
    Tim

Blog Entries

To be honest, the presentation didn't float my particular boat. It was a bit too much of a cliche for my liking. No I've no doubt that the production values are fantastic, and the wedding itself fantastically lavish, but making a "big show" isn't for me. Subtlety, intimacy and capturing moments are, for me, what wedding videos are about. And I would assume that those particular aspects are the antithesis of BIG weddings. And in that case, the video is superbly suitable to the wedding!

A spectacular production! - Fabulous titles and a great reminder of a majestic and very colourful day. It must have been a spectacular sight for you too Andy.

A shame they chose a Beauford for a bridal car though. Another 50 or so and a RR would have made so much more difference. Love the mix of shots and spotted a cam op and Jib amongst the melee. It must be an absolute nightmare to edit though.
    I know this flamboyance isn't for everybody, but the Asians do it so well and with exceptional grace.
    We produced our most flamboyant DVD to date this year. 4 white horses and white carriage, mystery singers and soprano in Church and the toppermost was a full size fairground carousel hidden behind a curtain drop and fireworks for the 1st dance, with the B&G sat on the galloping horses as the curtain dropped. It really was breathtaking!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast