Thread: very cool stop motion music video!!

1. Default very cool stop motion music video!!

Hi guys!!

I just want to share a video that my amazing friends did in NYC!!!

Its all stop motion focusing on iconic parts of the city. The music is their original as well.

YouTube - Perl and Porto - This is Reality (stop-motion music video)

Hope you all enjoy!! And would love to know what you think!!

I like it. It's a cool idea. I hope you don't mind if i ask, but how did they do it? The only way i can think about right now it's making a photo for every position. And for instance when they were going down the stairs they would've made a photo for every stair step(or what is it called...)

3. Default

Thank you! Yes, you are right, it is composed of a few thousand still shots, so like you say, a picture for every stair.... the camera work is a bit shaky but nevertheless it is very cool, and is supposed to be a music video rather than just a stop motion video.... well both, you know ))

The two guys in question is that a photograph or a recorded video?...

5. Default

It is all still photographs. I was told that it was over 2000 photos. So they had to jump for every photo. It took a really long time, I can't imagine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by divinebliss View Post
    The two guys in question is that a photograph or a recorded video?...

Default Did you know

That particle illusion is a very good software for getting fireworks graphics in your video?

7. Default

it could have over a million views if the music was is nothing but subliminal voice overs with a soft music accompaniment. Brilliant video, disapointing audio.

I especially like the bookend motif of the same scene at the end (but backwards!) as in the beginning. There were some times when the jerkiness of the backgrounds got a little too distracting, but I'm sure what they've accomplished is extremely technically difficult so my hat is off to them!

I disagree a bit with the poster above on the music--I like the surreal quality of the audio, and the "reality" theme really worked for such a senses-deceiving video.