Thread: Mixing Audio Tracks

Default Mixing Audio Tracks

Hey guys, this seemed like the right place to post this, maybe you can help me out.

I'm making a video in Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 and I have two audio tracks, one is a music track and the other carries sound from the original video clips.

We can call them music track and audio track.

When I render the entire project into an mp4, I have a problem where loud noises that came from the audio track will obscure the music (the music noticeably fades while the loud noise plays). What is the solution to fix this? I've tried using a volume envelope to town these noises down a bit but it doesn't seem to work well. The sounds are very, well, full and powerful sounding, and for them to not affect the music track they have to be almost inaudible (and I want them to be heard with the music).

Both tracks play together and sound fine when I'm previewing within the editor.

So what should I do? Should I increase the bitrate when rendering the file or increase the sample rate somehow? Is there a way I can tell vegas to render so that the music track has priority, and won't get faded?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I'm new to Vegas, but I assume that, like most NLEs, there are export options that tell the program to read or ignore audio envelopes. It sounds like it's ignoring them. Check your export options.

3. Default

I don't think the issue has to do with bit or sample rate. The issue is creating a good balance between the EQ, panning, and volume of each track .. you need to meticulously go in there and fade in and out the parameters for these three elements.