Thread: Using PSD images in video-how to save multiple images from Photoshop

Default Using PSD images in video-how to save multiple images from Photoshop

<LI id=post_151199 class="postbit postbitim postcontainer">Today 09:11 AM #1
    winston

Join DateJan 2007LocationPreston LancashirePosts11Thanks0Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Using PSD images in video

Although this is probably simple to most, I'm struggling to find the solution in the limited time I have left to complete a video project. Although I am using Sony Vegas, I thought the people here might be more used to using Photoshop.
    I want to incorporate some stills that have been enhanced in photoshop. Vegas recognises the PSD format so no problem. Is there any benefit in using the PSD, or is it better to output from photoshop in JPEG?

The other problem is that the stills have been enhanced in Camera Raw. This is non destructive, so when I copy and save from Carmera Raw into another folder, I only get the original still without the enhancements. I have to take it into Photoshop, and save from there into another file which I can then import into Vegas. I have to do this singly as I can't find a way of saving multiple images in photoshop to a separate file. When I open a few at a time in Photoshop, they appear as tabs and can't find a way to save all opened images. This is quite laborious, and I'm sure there must be a simpler way, I just can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can perhaps point you in the right direction of where to look, but I'm not even 100% of the possibilites, hopefully it'll give you somewhere to start or someone will confirm and elaborte or just rule it out.

Batch processes can be done through Adobe Bridge, but as I said I don't know to what extent. I've definately applied batch settings followed by batch exports of 100's of frames in an image sequence in illustrator in the past. sadly I researched and learned it long enough to get a job done at the time.

I can imagine the same thing is possible from photoshop.

Good luck,

David.

Don;t know Vegas but the benefit of using PSD files in Adobe Premiere is that they can be imported and keep the Photoshop layers seperate. Ideal for After Effects work.
    If you have a PSD I would not suggest you save as JPG for use in the video editor. JPG is a compressed format. Save in a non compressed format if you save at all.

Look into the batch processing features of Photoshop for what you are after.