Thread: Hot Show "Extender"?

Default Hot Show "Extender"?

I just made a trade with a guy on Ebay for a bescor light to put on my Sony HVR-V1U. The light fits the camcorder shoe reasonably well albeit a little snug. My problem is that the light is quite large, and if I put the mic on my cam, then the side of the light bumps into the microphone. I can still get the light on but can only push it back about 1/4 of the way into the slot. The light isn't powered by the shoe (it's a cold shoe anyway), so that's not a problem.

What I'm wondering is whether or not anyone makes some kind of extender apparatus that would fit between the hotshoe and the light so that the light will sit up a little higher and clear the microphone. Any ideas?

Something like THIS ? If thats not quite right just Google "cold shoe adapter".
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 11-13-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Hmm... I don't think that would do get the light up high enough. It needs to be about an inch higher. I'm sure there must be a way. I'll have to browse through some things at B & H Photo. They're a good place to window shop on the net.

Edited to say that I think this one will work: Bescor Universal Swivel Shoe Adapter
    Last edited by Swoopie; 11-13-2010 at 11:02 PM.