Thread: corel video studio pro x2 dosent seem to work with iphone video

Default corel video studio pro x2 dosent seem to work with iphone video

Hi everyone this is my first post here, and im hoping someone may know the answer to my question/problem,
    basically i want to be able to edit videos from my iphone uploaded to corel pro x2 which i can do and preview play, but as soon as i press play in the editing section it just crashes and closes down, however, this does not happen if i upload a dvd from my camcorder, ive done the updates on corel website but didnt make a difference, im using a recently purchased laptop with windows 7 and im pretty sure the spec is efficiant enough for what i want, any ideas anyone???

The DVD camcorder is giving you stock standard MPEG2 files which VS Pro X2 will eat up with no problem.

The iPhone files will be super compressed files made with another codec and because of that compression they present a raft of problems to many video editors.

The other problem is that your files are coming from the Apple side of the universe and your editing software is from the Windows side. (I'll leave it to you to decide which is the dark side)

One thing you can try is to load a clip. Don't do anything with it, just go straight to the Share Tab and create a new video file with the EXACT properties of the original. This may correct any conflicts within the file and make is editing friendly.

If not I would tend to go to the VS forum and ask the guys there foe more specialized help.
    Corel User to User Web Board • Index page

ok thanks for info will try that