Thread: Just saying hello...

1. Default Just saying hello...

Hey all, I just joined here.. I'm Mark from Florida.. I'm hoping to learn a lot from your forum, and watching some of your members videos and learning how to make mine better.. Here's a couple that I made this month... Have a great weekend..

I hope the links work, I'm new to this forum format...?
    Last edited by TimStannard; 11-13-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: One video per thread,please

Blog Entries

Interesting. Not so much the content, but what to say about it.
    You have a selection of stunning photos, which make a reasonable slideshow. You could ask 20 people about the diagonal wipe transition and get 20 differnt opinions so I won't go there apart from to say it was inoffensive and unlikely to upset anyone too much!
    But I get the impression you realsied that a straight slideshow would be rather repetitive and hence people would switch off, so to liven it up you put in some stuff from a particle generator - which looked very good.
    But it's clearly here to act as a break in the sequence of photos, nothing else. It had no real bearing on the slideshow and adds nothing to the video.
    By rights I should be concluding that it was a pointless interruption of the slideshow - but I actually quite enjoyed it. I liked the breathing space it gave me betwen the images and I enjoyed the particle generator videos. So, I want to slag it off because it shouldn't work, and in some ways it doesn't, but it kept me watching and interested - which are the main criterea for a successful film.
    And it worked well for the music.
    I think that's a thumbs up from me?
    Tim

Some beautiful photos! I wasn't too crazy about the music, but I'm on the wrong side of 50 these days, so I guess that's to be expected. (Heck, I still enjoy listening to Edison cylinders, so that ought to tell you something, eh)? Anyhow, I liked the movie a lot.

I've seen many videos like this, made by light healers etc. These are really nice pictures but where do you get them from ? I would have preferred straight dissolves rather than wipes. I took a look at your channel you have over 30 videos all the same. I think you have perfected the slide show so it's time to move on to the next level. I don't mean that in an insulting way, I mean you have to grow, take a step outside of your comfort zone and try something new.

5. Default

TimStannard
    Interesting. Not so much the content, but what to say about it.
    You have a selection of stunning photos, which make a reasonable slideshow. You could ask 20 people about the diagonal wipe transition and get 20 differnt opinions so I won't go there apart from to say it was inoffensive and unlikely to upset anyone too much!
    But I get the impression you realsied that a straight slideshow would be rather repetitive and hence people would switch off, so to liven it up you put in some stuff from a particle generator - which looked very good.
    But it's clearly here to act as a break in the sequence of photos, nothing else. It had no real bearing on the slideshow and adds nothing to the video.
    By rights I should be concluding that it was a pointless interruption of the slideshow - but I actually quite enjoyed it. I liked the breathing space it gave me betwen the images and I enjoyed the particle generator videos. So, I want to slag it off because it shouldn't work, and in some ways it doesn't, but it kept me watching and interested - which are the main criterea for a successful film.
    And it worked well for the music.
    I think that's a thumbs up from me?
    well, I only started making videos less than a year ago in my spare time, and this is honestly the extent of my talent and understanding of it all.. I recognise how the transitions look now, as you said, and agree, and have learned this week how to smooth them out and eliminate some of that... I've seen a lot of videos I'd like to use the same skills in on mine, but lack the experience and practice so far... I do try to at least make one new video a week and try something different to practice and hopefully become better... Thank you Tim..

Swoopie Some beautiful photos! I wasn't too crazy about the music, but I'm on the wrong side of 50 these days, so I guess that's to be expected. (Heck, I still enjoy listening to Edison cylinders, so that ought to tell you something, eh)? Anyhow, I liked the movie a lot.
    Thanks Swoopie, I appreciate that..! I'll be 51 in July... (going to Google to look up Edison Cylinders)...?

Midnight Blue I've seen many videos like this, made by light healers etc. These are really nice pictures but where do you get them from ? I would have preferred straight dissolves rather than wipes. I took a look at your channel you have over 30 videos all the same. I think you have perfected the slide show so it's time to move on to the next level. I don't mean that in an insulting way, I mean you have to grow, take a step outside of your comfort zone and try something new.
    Thanks Midnight Blue.. I try very hard to get all my pic's from desktop background websites, big high res pic's make the video's much more vivid and look great full screen.. But sometimes their hard to find and you have to use smaller pics from the various search engines..

I am limited thus far to using Microsoft Movie Maker to make my videos's, but am hoping to learn more and become able to use more sofisticated software and media, and more video clips and less photo's, but haven't reached that understanding yet...?

Thanks for you're comments.. Very much appreciated..!