Thread: The Prediction - A Single Shot and Single Take Short Film

Default The Prediction - A Single Shot and Single Take Short Film

Hi,
    Here is my new short film "The Prediction". I did an experiment by making it in a single shot. The camera was in auto mode. I should have kept the exposure locked. You might see the sudden lighting changes when the camera moves. Anyway here is the link..

--
    Ravi Vide

Quite a nice story, but the main attraction is the fact it was one take. I've often thought I'd like to try this but it seems so beyond me.
    Obviously the camerawork was a bit wobbly and there wee sone rather odd tilts (vcameraman not really lning up vertically) and I felt quite seasick at times and you're aware of the exposure business.
    One part of the choregraphy whid did jump out at me as "wrong" was the turn back to the car at approx 0:58. Or rather it wasn't a turn back, but a continuation of a 360 degree pan. Othere than that nothing jumped out at me as particularly bad. I'd consider that a very good result for an 8 minute shot. Well done.
    Tim

An interesting idea Ravi, I think to really pull this off you would have to rehearse it much more and as you already know don't have the camera on auto. May be get some sort of steady cam set up to help with the wobbly shots. I thought the story was interesting even though I didn't understand most of the dialog.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I thought the story was interesting even though I didn't understand most of the dialog.
    Click on the "CC" button just under the bottom right of the video to get subtitles.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Click on the "CC" button just under the bottom right of the video to get subtitles.
    Doh !

I thought the acting was pretty bad, and the story just kind of so-so. But the single camera actually worked pretty darn well! I was quite suprised. I would have thought just using a single cam would have gotten boring real quick, but it didn't at all. I also hate handheld footage, but you did a pretty good job of keeping the cam still for the most part, so it didn't really bother me at all. I think it helped that you didn't do a bunch of dopey closeups. Closeups and handheld footage go together like tea and turnips. I thought the background music fit really well too. Were the bird sounds caught on tape by the cam? Or were those flown in afterwards?