Thread: Shotgun shoots at a wine bottle: 60 fps to 24 fps with Eos 7D

Default Shotgun shoots at a wine bottle: 60 fps to 24 fps with Eos 7D

Hey everyone,

I really would like to share my last production with my 7D. A shotgun shoots at a wine bottle, arranged in a nice still life. In Slow Motion ...

I shoot at 60fps and converted the files to 24 fps in Cinema Tools (Apple Mac). I used a bunch of Nikon lenses, attached to the camera via a Novoflex adapter. I also used a Casio Exilim Consumer Camera to shoot at 420 fps super-slomo. Ad to scale up the files about 500% but it still works fine, I think. Woud be great to have some feedback. Please ask, if there are any questions.

By the way, this is also part of a video contest, so it would be great if you give me a "like" if you enjoy what you see.

Thanks a lot,
    cheers,
    David

An interesting video. Good variety of shots. A bit over the top on the DoF for my personal taste. Was there a bit of rouge sound at the end there was something I couldn't make out as though the singer hadn't faded out properly. If it's rouge it need cutting if it's meant to be there it needs bringing up in the mix.

Over all I liked it.

thanks a lot, glad you enjoyed it! there was a problem with compressor while rendering ... the explosion sound was over the level, and compressor somehow limited the whole sound afterwards. I had just too less time to fix it ... anyway, thank you for the feedback!

all the best,
    david

hey! I'd have to agree with the dof. but also in one of the shot it seamed like there was practicaly no dof.(the one with the wide angle) I guess it must be the lense. but also near the end when you shoot it looks like you have a much worst quality? is it the same camera do did you zoom digitaly later on? I feel it isn't consistent enough with the dof and the quality.
    other than that I liked the video

hey! the bad quality is because of the high speed shot with the casio exilim - had to scale it up about 5 times, as mentioned in the post. some shots were done with a nikon 8mm fisheye - with it there isnt nearly any dof ...

well, but Im also happy you like it!

Ow sorry! when I read I didn't realize. I feel stupid :S
    but yea it is a shame this quality change, but it is the only way you can do it really I guess. so great job for not spending 100'000 on a slow mo camera

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by W.A.Y.O.F.F. View Post
    hey! I'd have to agree with the dof. but also in one of the shot it seamed like there was practicaly no dof.(the one with the wide angle) I guess it must be the lense.
    This, as my response, is an opinion based response. It's not so over the top that you can't tell what's going on, so thus I like the amount used. More or less, that's just the particular effect he had chosen for this production.

And yeah the scene with no dof your referring too is done with another camera. Of course he could have given it more dof in the editing phase, and I personally think that would have really helped that scene on a whole. That on the other hand is going to take a lot more editing than the other scenes.

On a whole I really like your camera work and effects. Granted they are very simple and are not labor extensive, but they fit the video nicely. I would however recommend a better high FPS camera or the exclusion of the final scene completely.

The fact of the matter is that it doesn't create enough FPS IMO, to sacrifice that amount of resolution. To you it might not look like a big issue, at least I would imagine after reading your post, but I, and a lot of your views are going to notice that resolution difference in a heartbeat.

thanks for the response ... I have to agree to all of your statements! the quality-loss is a problem, but if created this video more or less just for youtube, so for me it is not that big problem. also I really wanted to test out the mini highspeed camera ...