Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hip Hop Music Video

1. Default New Hip Hop Music Video

Let me start out by declaring that this musical style is not my cup of tea at all but I did not let that get in the way of my observations of the video. I liked some of the shots but I think over all you have tried to make the video look interesting by using FX rather than having more interesting shots. I don't remember seeing a cut away, just shots of Foz Tee in different places. This is why you felt the need to put all the FX in.

Remember there are long shots, mid shots, close ups etc... all these are at your disposal and should be used. Then get shots of the surrounding area and inter cut them with the main shots. Use these shots to tell a story about what the song is about or create a message of some sort. Doing that will make your next video much more watchable.

Hope this helps.

What is a Grinder ?

3. Default

Thanks for the feedback.. properly the most constructive ive had from this forum

A Grinder is someone who simply works hard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foztee View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.. properly the most constructive ive had from this forum
    You've posted 7 times in 4 threads you've started on the forums; all of your posts have been about your videos, and you've had some great advice in each one of these posts. I'd say you've got a hell of a lot out of the forums. It would be great if you gave a little something back, even if that's clicking the "thanks" button when people give you a response.

5. Default

Ok sorry Marc

Well said Marc, but thats the nature of the internet, it's all suck and very little blow.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

MB hit the nail on the head there. theres no story and the video as a whole doesnt go anywhere.
    Have a think about what the song is about and maybe construct a little visual narrative.
    If a grinder is someone who works hard then theres a plethora of visual examples you could have used there
    I.e. you could have had a character working somewhere nasty and smelly, a fishmongers maybe.. and cut into the song with clips of your character having a hard day, stressing out, arguing with the boss, dealing with the mess and the customers and then towards the end show everyone why the character works so hard, maybe theres a family and kids or a woman to go home to that makes it all worth it.
    Storylines can be cheesey and hard work but good practice and help build up contacts.
    Plus they really lend themselves to this genre. Go and watch all of your fave music videos again and see what they do..

In order to achieve things like this you have to go out and use all of your connections to get locations and people to perform for it but at the same time your building up a network of people, skills and places and if you show your gratitude these people may be good to you in the future. Its so easy to get a camera and operator, stand in a couple of places and mime along, professionals know this and it can really undervalue your potential.

Have a good think about the next one, ask friends and family for their input and push it as far as you can

Nice work so far! How much was the budget for it??

I suspect that music videos become harder to make, as they get longer. Whilst an existing audience may enjoy this longish (5min) version; I feel it is a little too long for new audiences, like myself. I might be inclined to make one of less than 3 minites. This may leave listeners gagging for more.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzymuffin View Post
    MB hit the nail on the head there. theres no story and the video as a whole doesnt go anywhere.
    Have a think about what the song is about and maybe construct a little visual narrative.
    If a grinder is someone who works hard then theres a plethora of visual examples you could have used there
    I.e. you could have had a character working somewhere nasty and smelly, a fishmongers maybe.. and cut into the song with clips of your character having a hard day, stressing out, arguing with the boss, dealing with the mess and the customers and then towards the end show everyone why the character works so hard, maybe theres a family and kids or a woman to go home to that makes it all worth it.
    Storylines can be cheesey and hard work but good practice and help build up contacts.
    Plus they really lend themselves to this genre. Go and watch all of your fave music videos again and see what they do..

In order to achieve things like this you have to go out and use all of your connections to get locations and people to perform for it but at the same time your building up a network of people, skills and places and if you show your gratitude these people may be good to you in the future. Its so easy to get a camera and operator, stand in a couple of places and mime along, professionals know this and it can really undervalue your potential.

Have a good think about the next one, ask friends and family for their input and push it as far as you can
    wow that's so true.. thanks for that Fuzzy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast