Thread: DVDA frustrates me, then my dvd works perfect and then not?

Default DVDA frustrates me, then my dvd works perfect and then not?

Please, please help. I have made a movie in vegas Movie studio and send it to DVD architect, then it said it is not a valid movie? Why could that be? More importantly my Button tab is open with no buttons, no backgrounds and no themes? So who took it in the night when I slept? GRIN. I am brand new with DVDA. I have made a few DVD's that worked but even then, sometimes my Menu from a Dvd displays in the DVD player and then again on another DVD there is no Menu , it skips the Menu and go straight to the movie. Also it seems buttons are automaticaaly added and I can't add any or the link doesn't work. It shows the Menu and text and a button , also scene selection and text.
    If I could go to DVDA office I'll sit with them the whole day to show me what's going on.

Blog Entries

It may seem a trite answer - but it needs time, application and concentration...

So many things need attention - for instance - end actions of chapters or media, (particularly in your case I suspect your menus end action and/or that of opening media). Then there's stuff like button navigation etc.

Do you realise you have a right click menu when adding your media (thereby creating a button) which opens another whole heap of other options?
    Are you paying attention to any warnings that appear before you prepare the project ready for burning?
    Have you tried opening DVDA independently of Vegas and taking it one step at a time?

Don't give up or get too frustrated. Yes it's a complex piece of software, but with the use of the Help Files (so many people forget that resource) and by asking item specific questions here you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Incidentally - when you do ask - try to be as specific as you can - a blanket 'this doesn't work, why' won't get you any answers. If however you say something like 'at the end of chapter 7 it jumps back to the main menu' we will know instantly how to help. For free too.

Andy, thank you for your free reply. Okay, let me try again. My mistake, I felt overwhelmed with all the problems at once. I'll do it like this to help me order the questions.
    Step 1: I went back to sony Vegas 10 and clicked send to DVDA 5 and this time all the buttons and the backgrounds were automatically imported. I guess it was a snag. Or my computer is just getting very slow. (IT is the last one.)
    Step 2: DVDA.jpg

This is my image of current project, sorry I tried to drag image to make it bigger but are unable. Anyway My DVD is Menu based. Menu 1 I have 2 menus. 1)THe DVD or 2)Scene Selection.
    I have 3 SCENES. And Okay there you have it everything is working normally again. MMH What can I say? Thank you your reply helped it made me feel there is someone out there willing to help. Thank you. It is people like you that brightens my day.

Let me see how it goes when I burn it to DVD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lizebark View Post
    ..I felt overwhelmed with all the problems at once..
    Perfectly understandable. But slowly slowly catchee monkey eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizebark View Post
    Let me see how it goes when I burn it to DVD.
    Fingers crossed for you.

Training is available in DVD-A if required.

Or see my Vegas site for tutorials.

Thank you to both of you, it seems to me my computer ages much faster than humans, but apparently if I press the restart button it gives it back its youth again. This time all worked perfectly. Thank you guys.