copyright free music

Thread: SONY Movie Studio Platinum 10 rendering without audio, why?

Thanks

Default SONY Movie Studio Platinum 10 rendering without audio, why?

I have upgraded to SONY Movie Studio Platinum 10 (from SONY MS 9) and have had a problem with the rendering process.
    I captured a PAL HDV camera clip at 1440 x 1080 and edited it successfully, as usual. However when I came to the ‘Render as’ menu selection, then using the save as ‘Main concept MPEG 2’ selection and the Blu-Ray 1440x1080-50i 25Mbps template the resultant file saved to the allocated drive but had no audio!!
    I should also point out that when I alternatively choose to render for Blu-ray using the 'Make movie' button instead of the 'render as' menu selection, it goes through the processes and you see it rendering. Then it asks do you want to go to DVD Architect, I click the button and the resultant video has got the audio as well. Also the video and audio files are saved to the allocated video drive. Any suggestion why it won’t work in the first instance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If it's anything like Sony Vegas Pro 10 then the Blu-Ray 1440x1080-50i 25Mbps template is called Blu-Ray 1440x1080-50i 25Mbps template video stream. That's the clue. It's rendering the video only. This enables you to render trhe audio separately in whatever format you like, then assemble them in DVD Architect.

I don't know if you can do this in MSP, but in Pro, when you chose the rendering template there's a "Custom" button. Click that, go to the audio tab and check the "include audio" box.

Tim

Thanks

I can confirm Tims answer, V10 even has templaes you can now customise and the one you picked has the INCLUDE AUDIO STREAM un checked, just go in the and check it if required and save as a new template.
    I believe (could be wrong) you have to use the AC3 file for blue ray, (also saves space)

Thanks

Thanks Tim Stannard for your help, that was just what I wanted to know to solve my issue, cheers.
    Last edited by Eagle eye; 11-06-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks

Thanks Z Cheema for your reply and I noted your website at the bottom of your post. That site was a excellent scource of knowledge for me, cheers.