Thread: av problem

Default av problem

hi there i have a samsung analogue camcorder which has only got a composite connectors ,one is yellow and the other is white,i want to connect this to my tv card(pinnacle pctv rave) which has got the s-video and the yellow composite plugs.if i connect it through the yellow plug how do get the audio into the computer? or do i use the s-video?does the s-video carry both video and audio? could you please help me out with this. i am a beginner at this as you might have noticed......

Blog Entries

You need to input the sound from your camcorder via the audio in on your soundcard.

hi mark thanks very much for youre quick reply.as the card is a tv card it came with a small cable to connect it to the sound card,my sound card has only one line-in socket so will i be able to get an adaptor to connect the two into the one socket ?

Blog Entries

You can bypass the TV card completely. Essentially the lead you're using at the mo outputs the audio from your card to to your soundcard - so you can just bypass that and go straight from your cam to your soundcard

hi marc will i still be able to hear the television also ?

Blog Entries

No, but I assume you won't be watching TV whilst capturing .