Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Split Screen (PIP) Problem

Default Split Screen (PIP) Problem

Hi everybody...

Im rendering a video, it's a small personal project. Im using Windows Xp and Sony Vegas Platinum 9.

I have two videos, so I want to split the screen (PIP). One of the videos is on AVCHD (1920x1080) and the other one is on MP4 (640x480). I want to resize the MP4 video, do it smaller and locate it on a corner of the screen.

I did all that fine, the problem comes when I want to render. I want to render it as a 1080p HD video. But after rendering, the resolution of the final video it's 320x240. If I take out of the project the Mp4 video (the smaller one) and render again, the resolution of the final video it's 1920x1080 (just like I want it).

I think that the problem occurs because the MP4 video (the smaller one) it's above the AVCHD video. So seems like if Sony Vegas render with the MP4 video resolution, without taking into consideration that I'm choosing to render in 1920x1080 resolution.

This a picture of what I mean with "above".

I'll appreciate any help and/or suggestions. Thanks...

What options are you using when rendering ? I only know the Pro vesion, so I'm not sure if you have the customs setting button as an option but I'm sure there must be a template that will do the job your looking for.

Just an update. The problem occurs when I render the project in MP4 format.

I just tried rendering in AVCHD format and it renders fine. But if someone could help me to render it in MP4 I'll appreciated because MP4 it's lighter and easier to play on other players. In this case, I'm more interested on size than quality.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What options are you using when rendering ? I only know the Pro vesion, so I'm not sure if you have the customs setting button as an option but I'm sure there must be a template that will do the job your looking for.
    Thanks for answering.

There's a Custom Button in fact. Im using MP4. This is what i chose:

Well that's a mystery. You have definitely chosen the right frame size, it clearly says 1920 x 1080 but on the description box it says 320 x 240. The only thing I see is the bit rate is a bit low for HD but I suppose that will give you a smaller files size for upload to YouTube if that's what you want. I'm guessing that you have altered an existing template. One possible thing is the setting on the project tab is set to same as project. If you alter this to best. That might do it.

I have it in Best...

Just one more thing. If I put the AVCHD Video above the MP4 video and render in MP4 format, everything goes fine. But another problems presents. Doing it like that, avoids me of resizing the MP4 video and locate ON FRONT of the AVCHD video. Actually, I can resize it, but I cant find the way of locating it ON FRONT of the other video.

So, if someone knows how to solve that problem, it will work for me too.

Thanks!

Well unless Vegas won't let you alter the template properties, I don't know what's going on. I'll stand back and see what other people think about this.

All right, no problem!

I post a message at the same time that yours, did u read it? Just to be sure...

As a work around you could take the mp4 clip and try rendering it to 1920 x 1080 then put that in your project this is the only way you can see the clip over the other clip.... Unless you use the cookie cutter to cut a hole in the other track then you could see the mp4 clip under the AVCHD track again this is a work around not a solution to the actual problem. I feel you would be better correcting the problem with the rendering template. Sometimes when I've been messing around with settings and things don't work I just start again with a new template.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast