Thread: Back In The Yard

Default Back In The Yard

There still hasn't been any sort of color enhancements done to the footage. The only little tweak i did was boost the mid tones. I like the way it turned out in the end, but the first shot seems to be a little bit fuzzy when panning up the tree.

I think you had some nice shots but it would definitely have looked better if you had a tripod or some way to hold the camera still for example the shot at 59 secs this was a nice shot but there was a lot of camera wobble which took something away from it. I liked the music you used.

I do agree that it would of looked better if i used the tripod. Since there wasn't much movement in the objects i was filming, i thought i would go for the shaky look so it doesn't look as boring.

Blog Entries

OK Daly, we've had a few of these posts from you now. I assumed you were just getting to grips with your camera & editing setup and fair play to you for that.
    But it occurs to me you might be posting these as complete films, works of some sort of intrinsic value. If so I'm afraid they're way over my head and some sort of explanation is required.
    Tim

I was mostly getting use to the camera, editing and looking for some crits along the way. I think i'll lay off posting videos in here, until i feel i have masterd the art of videography.

Blog Entries

Posting here will help you on the path to mastering videography. But collections of fairly random shots are very difficult to criticise although Midnight's made a reasonable effort to do so. Having said that, you have an eye for an interesting shot, so much so that I wondered whether your videos were trying to say something.

I get the impression you want to take this seriously as a hobby (or possibly more), but if I may make an analogy, learning how to play three or four chords perfectly on the guitar is meaningless unless you also learn how to string them together to make a song.
    Tim

I want to get into videography more as a hobbie and not take it to serious.

I need to start thinking more about what i want to shoot, instead of pointing the camera at random things and hoping for the best. Also at some point i want to start filming skiing, but that dose take a little bit more skill than what i'm doing right now. When it comes down to shooting skiing i really need to invest in a better camera, but i really can't afford to spend the little money i have.

Is this some sort of surreal artistic expression? If it is it works well, with the music it could be used to set up some weird dreamlike scene, altho some of the shots are a tad too long .But I think using hand held is probably better with things like this, as you want that sort of menacing feel about it. The subjects, the bike, seat, ornament etc are fully framed /too close. Altho it looks good, I think it would look better to shoot at least a couple of them with some slightly out of focus but interesting background. You could then show us that it is a yard/garden.
    But I like it, and the soundtrack. Its a nice little piece of work.

i found the soundtrack was more interesting than the supporting video, agree with Tim on this one
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo