Thread: Teaser for my new movie

Default Teaser for my new movie

Making this as a self produced project for my grade 12 video course. This is just a teaser, to show in front of my school next week. But since I'm only 17 I don't have the funding to shoot a movie of this scale, so the final thing will end up being just a trailer. I just got my mac 2 months ago so I started shooting some footage to test out some stuff in After Effects, but soon enough I came up with a story and started shooting some more footage to make the trailer. Oh well, even if it's just a trailer in the end I'm still learning a lot about all my new programs.

Last edited by Dav7DB; 10-28-2010 at 04:19 AM.

I don't want to sound really critical but it's not really a trailer. It's just some titles and one shot with an effect put on it. I liked that you put some thought into the effect, like having the explosion affect the electronics of the camera. BUT this is not really a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't want to sound really critical but it's not really a trailer. It's just some titles and one shot with an effect put on it. I liked that you put some thought into the effect, like having the explosion affect the electronics of the camera. BUT this is not really a trailer.
    "This is just a teaser."

Teasers usually consist of very little footage. The TRAILER will be done in a few weeks.

Most humble apologies, you are right it does say teaser and not trailer.

As a young person perhaps you can tell me what the obsession is with shaking text among the young film makers. I see this a lot and it just makes my eye balls hurt. Do you think it could be something to do with the elasticity of the ocular muscles which over time becomes less flexible, indeed the reason why a lot of the elderly have to wear spectacles, especially for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Most humble apologies, you are right it does say teaser and not trailer.

As a young person perhaps you can tell me what the obsession is with shaking text among the young film makers. I see this a lot and it just makes my eye balls hurt. Do you think it could be something to do with the elasticity of the ocular muscles which over time becomes less flexible, indeed the reason why a lot of the elderly have to wear spectacles, especially for reading.
    Yeah, no problem.

Haha, I dunno why it would hurt your eye's but the shaking, static, text just felt like it fits the genre of what I'm doing. As for why it's so popular among young film makers, no idea. I haven't really seen it used among the group of people I'm taking my video course with, so who knows. I could see younger kids, or other young people that don't really know when and when not to use certain things, slapping it into every movie they do just cause they think it looks cool though.

Also, In the teaser that's being shown to my school next week, on the coming soon part I replaced the ambience with something a little more subtle and theres some faint military chatter added. Just saying.