Thread: grouping whole sections of clips and audio

Default grouping whole sections of clips and audio

Hello again, Maybe you can help me this time?!

I have made section of my film and i am happy with the visual and audio. Lets say there are three section on various places on the timeline.

Now i'm happy, i want to bring it all together. Is there a way of grouping all the clips and audio in the section so i can pick up the whole of the section and move it in place with the rest of my film?

or: Delete empty space on the time line so that all the sections come together?

Many thanks fellas

Mike

Maybe i'm not being clear enough.....

I have a wedding video.

Lets say i have an intro, the ceremony, and the party, all on different parts of the time line (because i edited them in seperate sections).

Now i want to bring it all together so it plays as one piece. This means effectively getting rid of the blank parts of the time line.

Any ideas??

In Prem 6 there's a little button with two arrows on it to the left of the timeline, this allows you to click on an individual clip and automatically select all the clips after it, so you can click on the first clip after the gap and drag all following clips back with it to close the gap.

and repeat for each gap.

There's probably a really basic name for this, but I only know that it has a little double-arrow symbol on it.

hope that helps and doesn't confuse further.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

It's ripple delete - closes up any gaps between clips and/or sequences. You don't say which version of Premiere you're using?

With 6.5 and PPro you right-click the gap between sequences, and select ripple delete from the pop-up menu.

You can also use the Track Select tool to highlight all clips to the right of the gap, and move them as a whole over to the left.

In Premiere pro 1 and 1.5 you can treat multiple clips on the timeline as a single clip any time you like by dragging and dropping the timeline (now known as a sequence) onto another sequence. It can then be treated as a single clip on the new timeline.

I do this sort of thing all the time. Much more intuitive than the old 'virtual clips' way of doing things.

Nice one guys, Thanks very much for your help,

That makes sense to me-Haven't tried it yet, but im sure i've done it before somehwhere, just needed recapping.

FYI: I'm using prem6.

Thanks again, Mike