Thread: Pinnacle Studio 9

Default Pinnacle Studio 9

I am running Studio 9 on windows 7, there is no capture card on my PC, I have transferred camera tapes to DVD and I want to edit them, I have had modest success in the past with this sofware so would like to continue with it. when I open the program, go to capture, I am offerred only import/capture from the camcorder. Is there some way that I can take the video from DVD into the program to edit it?
    Knowing my form, it will be something stupid that I am not doing , but any help will be appreciated.

When you say you have transferred the tapes to DVD do you mean you have put .avi files on to a DVD disk or you have made a DVD media disk with .vob files AND How did you do this ?

I obtained a DVD recorder, and just plugged the camcorder in and copied the tapes to dvd, Does that make sense? I can get clips onto the pc using video pad, but I prefer pinnacle, because I have butchered sorry had a go at editing with it before. But in those days I had a capture card. ( which Pinnacle was packaged with) Now I can only see the camcorder and don't seem to have any other options for capturing.
    Thanks for any interests.

Ok, I'm guessing it's made a media DVD with .vob files. This ia not really an issue, all you have to do is copy the files from the DVD onto your computer to a folder you can find again. Then open Pinnacle. All you have to do now is go to the editing tab, the capture side is not needed now, and browse to the files you copied from the DVD just like you would if you was browsing for a picture. I think Pinnacle will accept .vob files directly but if it won't you can just re name the .vob bit to .mpg and it should work fine.

Let me know if this works out for you.

Red face

Why do these things sound sensible and reasonable when you say them, but remain unconsidered when its down to me? I'll go and give it a try. Many thanks.