Thread: Trailer - Horror movie called 'Skin'

Default Trailer - Horror movie called 'Skin'

Our new horror-comedy movie called 'Skin'

An assault on the senses to say the least. Lots of fake blood, skin, and smash cuts galore ! Modelled after those old campy 80s horror movies.

NBTVToday - The Great Great Show - Ep 6 - Skin

Another well put together comedy piece.

You guys frustrate me, you have the ability make a good serious movie but you keep doing these silly sketches. Don't leave it to late to grow, up you might regret it.

Blog Entries

Packed full of horror movie/thriller clichés which were reasonably well executed (except the voice: you need someone with "that" voice, it's ot one that can be put on).
    But that's perhaps its downfall. It the cliché spotting and execution which kept me amused rather than the content itself, and I wonder if this is perhaps what Midnight is alluding to. I did like the concept of skin being stolen and the scene where the full skin is lifed up in silhouette (or possibly shadow) is great, but once that concept had been established it just went on and on repeating it. Consequently the film would have been not only as good, but better, if the final minute had been cut.
    Tim

What it is Tim is this. I see these lads, portraying them selves as "doing it for a laugh" which is fine but underneath that I see a greater intelligence and movie making ability which I hate to see go to waste. An example the cheesy intro they have in front of a well made movie may put people off watching beyond the intro. I'm sure the intro was made deliberately to look cheesy at it fits their ironic sense of humour. In a way they are a bit like the guys who do South Park in that they have an up front irreverent persona but anyone who knows how difficult it is to write and produce the story lines that they have, would know they are not really what there persona portrays.

May be I just getting to over serious about what is just something they do to entertain themselves and there friends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What it is Tim is this. I see these lads, portraying them selves as "doing it for a laugh" which is fine but underneath that I see a greater intelligence and movie making ability which I hate to see go to waste.
    You may well be right. Or they may just be very good at mimickry. The actual content is poor in comparison to the execution.
    An example the cheesy intro they have in front of a well made movie may put people off watching beyond the intro. I'm sure the intro was made deliberately to look cheesy at it fits their ironic sense of humour.
    Interesting. It was the cheesy intro that prompted me to watch the rest of their stuff! Specifically because it was so bad it had to be tongue in cheek. Can't possibly be ironic as they're North Americans.

May be I just getting to over serious about what is just something they do to entertain themselves and there friends.
    Maybe. But there again why not? This forum exists to help people make better videos irrespective of the intended audience.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Can't possibly be ironic as they're North Americans.
    Ha Ha Good point. I've been in a funny mood this week. I've just finished performing in my first (and last) play. It was a very demanding part which involved emotional depths which are best left alone. It's funny how when your "being someone" you can really begin to be that person. I see why those actors who choose the Method style are all a bit bonkers. Now it's all over I hope to be back to my usual self pretty soon.