Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Accomplice (Re-edited)

Default The Accomplice (Re-edited)

Some of you may have seen this one as well. I just re edited with to a different song and messed with contrast. And I added a muzzle flash. Font isn't want it is suppose to be again for some reason.

Tell me what you think. The old version is back a few pages now probabaly.

Thanks,
    Steven Bogda

really good, atmospheric,

I liked the hand-shake in silhouette at the end.

the blood spurt was pretty graphic, the fall-over didn't look ultra-realistc, but it was in Slow-mo' so I suppose that emphasizes it a bit.

good low-camera work with the walking/getting out of the car bits.

The black and white was cool, and I liked the intro text glitching like that too.

I liked it.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

3. Default

mate thats prob my first short film ive watched that i enjoyed on the internet.

I have a few questions but first ill tell you my thoughts:

It was a very well made film,love the low angles and the way the music fitted with whats going on.

I also liked the slowmo to quick then back to slow.

the sniper could of been better if he was laying down and looking threw the scope more possibly.

Theres one thing that stands out amongst it all,thats the blood and the slowmotion,it really is top notch.

Questions:

1) Im thinking of making a kinda similer film with a similer theme but i want to know how do you swap camera angles.

Do you have to stop,move the camera and record again ?

2) How did u get the awesome muzzle flash and blood on the body and over the camera?

windows movie maker 2 and sony vegas 5

i am in a very bad mood so this might see harsh but..
    1) its not a film so dont call it one..
    2) The ending credits were way to long, it was almost half of the whole thing..
    3) I can tell you use mini dv because it had the wavy lines in several parts..
    4) The contrast was up way to much, i understand what kind of effect you are going for and i don't think it needed to be set that high.
    5)there were a few times where it looked like you were trying to match the music but it just didn't work.
    6) Some of the shoots where you are following people walk is shaky and could have use a steady cam or a dolly or something..
    7) The song keeps saying "it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to" and that just makes us think the same as your video. I might be wrong but that is just how it seemed.
    The part were the van door opens too like 5 seconds, and that is just completely unnesisary, it could have been done faster.
    9) After he gets out of the van the speed clearly changes, and it seemed like a mistake, i would have been less jumpy if it just faded up.
    10) At the very end there are just 10 seconds of black, there should never be that much black as the only thing on screen for that long..

On the other hand i liked how the blood actually stuck the the camera, that was a nice effect..
    It was better then i am making it sound, i know but i am in a bad mood... Sorry...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moldytoaster
    4) The contrast was up way to much, i understand what kind of effect you are going for and i don't think it needed to be set that high.
    5)there were a few times where it looked like you were trying to match the music but it just didn't work.
    6) Some of the shoots where you are following people walk is shaky and could have use a steady cam or a dolly or something..
    7) The song keeps saying "it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to" and that just makes us think the same as your video. I might be wrong but that is just how it seemed.
    The part were the van door opens too like 5 seconds, and that is just completely unnesisary, it could have been done faster.
    9) After he gets out of the van the speed clearly changes, and it seemed like a mistake, i would have been less jumpy if it just faded up.
    10) At the very end there are just 10 seconds of black, there should never be that much black as the only thing on screen for that long..

On the other hand i liked how the blood actually stuck the the camera, that was a nice effect..
    It was better then i am making it sound, i know but i am in a bad mood... Sorry...
    Stop being a wanker. It was a top class film.

Very moody, sinister and different. The music sets the mood very well, and the grittiness of the footage suits the film excellently.

Moving on....

point 1: You really, really don't get it do you?

Language, just like technology, evolves. A 'film' doesn't have to be recorded on celluloid any more, to be called a film. Just let go of that. You're not helping people by nagging at them every time somebody (quite rightly) calls a DV-shot presentation a "film". People just think you're being a pedantic, whining moron!

Point 2: I'm inclined to agree on this one. For a short movie, maybe the credits could do with being trimmed a bit.

Point 3: If you're such an expert on movie (am I allowed to call it a movie?) making techniques, you'd know the "wavy lines" are called interlacing.

Point 4: I disagree. The story was dirty and rough, the soundtrack likewise... if the contrast wasn't that high, it would have lost its impact.

Point 5: Not sure I see what you're talking about.

Point 6: No, no, no. In some films, yes, you'd have a point. But this isn't a conventional film! The shaky and uneven footage complements the style!!

Point 7: That just seemed like an excuse to have a bitch.

Point 8: What? What? Eh? Hello? Is the van the wrong manufacturer as well? Has it got too many wheels? Should the driver be wearing a different pair of pants? What?

Point 9: Personally, I thought that was deliberate. As in, slightly unconventional. I'm not trying to claim that the style has not been done before, of course it has, but come on, are you so deluded that you think every "rough edge" in this movie is a mistake? Come on, no one makes that many "mistakes". Certain exceptions apply of course.... *cough*

Point 10: So? Why?

Feh. You're in a bad mood. So what? Everyone gets in a bad mood occasionally! Get over it. If it's *that* bad then for god's sake do something constructive instead of randomly jabbing the keys on your keyboard and taking it out on someone you've never met.

Just seems like you've thought "hmmm, I feel bad, what can I do to make someone else feel bad?". Well, if you were trying to make someone look dim-witted, you succeeded in that part; however, you probably didn't intend for that person to be yourself. What you've done here is display a blatant (or even deliberate?) lack of understanding for anything that's trying to be even remotely different, therefore making yourself look like some bizarre traditionalist middle-of-the-road nearly-critic! I mean, it's not like this film was some surreal performance art type thing, it's a relatively straight forward concept, yet your inane drivel contains weak and ill-thought out opinions that adhere to the most mundane, conventional and oh my god boring as hell filmmaking traditions. Your reasoning carries about as much weight as Calista Flockhart chewing a helium balloon.

For god's sake, pull yourself together and get out of this pissy mood. If something is genuinely up, then find a friend to confide in and be honest rather than spewing out nonsensical bile that makes no sense and makes you sound like a bitter teenager throwing a tantrum.

If you can't confide in a friend for whatever reason, go to bed, get drunk, listen to relaxing music, have a long bath, take a paracetamol overdose, do whatever you do to relax and chill out a bit!

Finally, if you're going to say something, at least say it with some sort of actual conviction otherwise you just make yourself look stupid.

Excellent movie but please de-interlace it!
    Also, the muzzle flash seemed a bit to big...

And a little opinion, I think that putting the blood red would have been a nice little touch

Question, was that sniper an airsoft gun? I'm looking for some guns immitation for a movie I'll finish recording this week-end.

Keep up the good job!

Hey, sorry about that post i made earlyer, it really was a good video, keep up the good work... I love the backrounds they fit perfectly..

Default Reply

*This is my first "film/movie/video/sequence of moving pictures/presentation/DV video/video clip/music video/whatever the "correct terminology" is.

Alright.
    Thanks for the comments, even the bad ones, though I don't think you understand what I was doing. But anyways,

The blood was shot out through a hose that was attached to this pump up pesticide sprayer. The hose went from there up the kids leg and to his chest. It was hooked to a vest he was wearing. That end of the hose I plugged up so nothing would leak out. I cut a hole in the side of the tube so it faced outwards from his chest. That hole was filled with blood and plugged with sponge. Then I cut a sliver in his shirt, so it had somewhere to come out of. Release the pressured sprayer and it pushes all the blood out of the chest. There is a site on how to do this, I don't have the link anymore.

The gun was an airsoft gun...got it for like 15 dollars US off Ebay.

The muzzle flash was just 3 frames of fire. Each frame was different. I made them smaller and put them at the barrel of the gun. There is a site with there somewhere too.

Camera shots - Most of the shots were filmed once with more than one camera. If you have only one camera you would just re shoot with a different angle and make it look similar.

It was a Jetta.

The "getting out of the car", was a little long because the kid got stuck getting out so I made it go faster, then i wanted it to go slow when the drug case swung out in front of the camera.

Blood was green since it would be in black and white. Red would have been first choise though.

I don't own a steady cam.
    I don't have money for a fancy camera.
    I forgot to deinterlace.
    I made this because I was bored over the summer.

I like to have people tell me whats wrong with something I make...just not people who are in a bitchy mood and feel like bitching to someone across the internet. Appology accepted...be careful next time, you might look like an ass.

Thanks Marc, Mike and (sid).

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    some nonsense...
    Stop being a wanker. It was a top class film.
    Hahahah. :twisted:

I liked the look of it, apart from the interlacing obviously. I think it was fairly well done, and apart from the speeding up/slowing down not being smooth enough, it was great. Make more.

One thing though, if the dude had probs opening the door... why not reshoot it?
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast