Thread: Blurring an area with Vegas Movie Studio 9.0

Default Blurring an area with Vegas Movie Studio 9.0

As the title state's im posting here to try and get some help with an annoying problem with Vegas Movie Studio HD 9.0, i have already checked this post and it doesn't seem to help my problem http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...ber-plate.html

What i am trying todo is blur out a specific area, e.g a chat box while keeping the remaining video outside of the box the same, there is no mask button or a button that let's you freely select parts of the video to blur out on vegas movie studio (unless i have not found it yet?)& even though i could use cookie cutter to somehow fit over the box and create a big white blinding box to cover the text, that's not quite what im trying to achieve lol >.>

I have tried combining cookie cutter's area effect with the Gaussian Blur & the Chroma Blur, but neither seem to work with it unless im just doing somthing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated, thank's in advance.

Edit:
    (Ok, i messed around with it more & managed to combine pixelate&cookie cutterbox into a makeshift blur that cover's the area i wanted it too, it's not prescise but itl do the job, but feel free to respond if you know a sure fire way to select out a specific area with vegas movie studio 9 and to blur/pixelate that area alone, because that would sure be usefull later on & cookie cutter with its limited option's is slightly annoying.)
    Last edited by Clockworks; 10-22-2010 at 04:10 PM.

If you just want a blue box on the screen over an area of your clip just put a bit of blue media on a track above the clip and crop it to size and position.