Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmm... yeah tell me what you think

Default hmm... yeah tell me what you think

In terms of production quality it's a little bit shakey and could be slightly better lit but in terms of content i really liked it. Very funny stuff!!

Blog Entries

Rubbish.

Getting your friends to register, give "thanks" and make positive comments won't make it any better either. The sound is awful, the camerawork amateurish the thin humor is dim teenager and the acting is childish.

I'm annoyed that (a) I fell for the bogus comments and (b) I wasted three minutes of my life (although it seemed much, much longer) on this.

Hopefully a moderator will delete the accounts, this isn't what videoforums is about.

Edit: I see that the bogus accounts have now been deleted... Thanks Mods.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 10-18-2010 at 02:09 PM.

rembrandt rob: i find nothing constructive about your criticism. isn't this what this website is about? to give advice and constructive criticism?

and thanks, dan_o. i'm glad you liked it. and i agree with the shaking and the dim lighting.

I kept waiting for the funny bit but it never happened. It seemed disjointed, badly paced, unfunny script even on a teenage level. May be a teenager totally off his head might be the right audience. AND technically poor both visually and sound wise.

I understand the poor sound quality, but how do you think it's visually poor? if you could give some advice on how to get the quality better, i'm all ears. i'm all about improvement.

The whole video is squashed like you have got the wrong ratio. It was shot 16:9 like all HD video and you tried to make it look cinematic but in stead of cropping it or putting a letter box on it you just squashed it. The one redeeming shot in your movie is the tracking shot where you are driving the car.

Blog Entries

Okay, firstly you got a couple of friends to register here and give "wow, the best ever" comments. In other words, you faked posts to get us to look at your video and bump up your youtube views. Nobody likes being used. So, you lost the "right" to be treated like any other poster. These fake posts have now been deleted, you're lucky, people have been banned for that in the past.

So, you want a bit of criticism... The aspect ratio is wrong. The design is awful as the subjects just blend in to the surroundings. The lighting is bland yet you see double shadows on the wall, distracting. In the first shot the camera isn't level. The acting is forced, the sound is awful. The second shot cuts from a steady, tripod shot to hand-held shots which wobble... and so on.

I was not entertained. But several aspects reminded me of several things which I might have done differently. Here are a few:
    - camera shaking. Noticeable in close ups on couch (e.g. 0:44).
    - positioning a head right in the centre of a frame can look odd and bare in widescreen.
    - Unpleasant differerence in the sound in the conversation (around 1:45) between shots facing the seated talent; and those facing the other.

Thanks, Tim. I've been bothered by all the things you've said as well. Although, I was just too lazy to take the time to fix the mistakes/refilm the shots. But I never thought about what you said about centering the head in the shot. I think you make a good point there. Are you saying that I should off-center the subject if it's just a head shot? I'll try that next time I film. I think you're on to something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast