Thread: windows movie maker

Default windows movie maker

my brother got his first laptop recently and yesterday i attempted to teach him a little about video editing with windows movie maker

problem is the program its self, previous versions of windows movie maker although very basic are intuitive and great for total newbies (imo) the latest version for Windows 7 is a total nightmare.
    in my experience video editing software (vegas, premier, pinnacle etc etc) or rather the basic editing methods run in a more or less similar vein. Windows movie maker for Windows 7 is like no other time line editor i have ever experienced.
    After earlier versions of Movie maker it would have been a logical step up to say, Premier Elements but after MM but not anymore i gave up trying to show my brother the basics i was starting to confuse him ...... and myself..... i think hes going to get PE

Get him to try the trial of Vegas as well, it might be more intuitive.
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Can you help me with Windows Movie Maker please????!!!!

Im new to this forum thingy and all i want is to know why my computers screen goes black and i cant do anything when or after i import clips.

i download clips from Youtube, convert them to WMV and import them (i have only been successful once...) and after it has finished making the video into clips, by computer becomes totally unresponsive and my screen goes black... could it be the videos im downloading are in HD and my WMM finds it hard to work with them? or has my computer run out of RAM or something?

I dont know what version of WMM i have, and i cant re-install it i might add