Thread: Are my images too hi res?

Wink Are my images too hi res?

I'm trying to get an HD quality video by using very hi-res images. The goal is to see as much detail in the video as I see in the photoshop image.

Is P Studio 12 able to do that or is there a limit to how hi-res the input images can be? I think that's where the issue is...

I've tried all the hi-res output modes, but they still don't seem to be as hi-res as the originals. In fact, they seem blurry!

Please excuse the experimental interface, and be warned some of the files are very large and may have wait times in excess of 10 seconds:

Slaughter Art Media Kit Test

My Blog OLio#
    Last edited by slart; 10-17-2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: add large file warning

The best resolution you will get from Pinnacle or any normal editing software is 1920 x 1080, I don't know what the original images are. You shouldn't get blurry images at that resolution, the problem could be your bit rate. It wants to be as high as you can get it to have good image quality. What format are you rendering out to. An .avi file will give you the best quality but the biggest file size.

LOL, the 'blobs' are actually what we use for a progress bar... it's the "I Ching" for "be patient" etc.

Some of them are huge hi-res files, so I can understand why some may not play, but the first few should. I got the first 3 to play (but the 2nd one had a 10 second wait time). I'll add a "large file" warning to my initial post.

Tks,
    JS

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    ...the problem could be your bit rate. It wants to be as high as you can get it to have good image quality. What format are you rendering out to. An .avi file will give you the best quality but the biggest file size.
    I've tried a few different formats and conversions. I'll do a more structured test and max it out on the bit rate using avi, and each of .jpg, .png and .tif... (if I recall Pinnacle allows all 3 image formats). Care to guess as to which will produce the best results?

Oh, BTW if Pinnacle is "starved" of ram (memory) or CPU will it fail completely, go slower but produce the same quality results, or suffer degradation without warning?

Tks,
    JS