Thread: Wedding DVD not playing in client's DVD player! What should I do?

Default Wedding DVD not playing in client's DVD player! What should I do?

I posted a finished DVD to a client a few weeks back. As always, I check that it works etc.

Got an email saying it won't work in their DVD player, nor their parents, but it works gor them fine on a PS3 and an Xbox 360.

I burned them another copy (on DVD+R ..... never, ever had a problem with these discs before) but haven't heard yet if the new disc works. As an experient i tried to burn a copy on a DVD-R, but the software decided it couldn't write the disc.

What do you advise I do if the new one still doesn't work in their machine? The fact that it played perfectly in my Panasonic and on their PS3 and Xbox 360 surely proves that it does actually work.

Still waiting for payment needless to say!

Thanks for any advice.

By the way I don't use those nasty stick on labels......don't like the look of them plus they make the discs jump on some machines.

The most consistently reliable format is DVD-R. +R has always been flaky.
    Try burning at slower speed. That always helps.
    What software are you using?

p.s. You're still waiting for payment?!!!
    Get organised. Everyone, but everyone, gets paid up front. Presenting wedding DVDs before you've been paid is asking for - "it's not working" ..........................round and round you'll go!
    Last edited by Zero; 10-14-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Without knowing the make and model of your clients DVD player, it's hard to know if it's specs will or won't play DVD-R disc. You could add 30 on their bill and send them a "complimentary" Toshiba DVD player with the disk.

You'll never know which makes clients have, but -R has proven to be the most compatable with all players.
    We're producing 2,000+ DVDs per year and (touch wood) haven't had 'non players' since the very early days of DVD production. In the very early days some of the 1st DVD players on the home market were slow to read 'burnt' DVDs as opposed to 'replicated' retail ones. These have all but disappeared now, but they used to be a problem.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I have never given out + disks as they were designed for the Phillips models to record off air programs and ad hoc stuff.

-R is indsutry standand, as it played on yours, well it would as it is burning it, you need to try on a random machine, should work on a PC

As for payment, i amsure everything was paid for up front n the wedding day and you should do the same as god practice, they now have the upper hand if they are that way inclined (There is nothing to suggest this) so, as they say the tail is now wagging the dog.