Thread: Upper Torso Studio

1. Default Upper Torso Studio

Hi,
    a great forum and looks like a great place to ask asdvice so thanks in advance.

I have done lighting courses for still photography in the past. Howver, I want to do some head and shoulders/upper torso promo type videos for my website.

At the moment I have a Sony Mini DV camcorder, I can see I will need and external mic and I want to shoot on a pure white background.

Now I know how to do this with still photography but I need advice re video.

I am thinking of going down the Chroma Key route. I have the Pinnacle Studio Plus software so should be able to edit the Chroma to pure white.

I have been llooking at this cheapo kit on Ebay

LIGHTING Kit 3 BACKDROP STUDIO Chroma key Green 1050w on eBay (end time 16-Oct-10 15:35:08 BST)

My question is, would I not need a third light to light the subject i.e. ME?

If I used the two lamps in the kit to provide even lighting left and right on the Chroma background. Would I need a third light to light me the same as or slightly less than the background?

Regards

Ian

Yes you would need a third light to illuminate you slightly less than the background.