Thread: Please can someone help ? Playing my HD films on movie editors?

Default Please can someone help ? Playing my HD films on movie editors?

Hi guys ,I was wondering if someone can please help ?

I have some hd videos filmed on a sony bloggie shot at 720 60 dpi and i want to create very short vids with titles ect no the vids i want to create will only be roughly 1 - 2 mins.
    The problem is everytime i upload the mp4 file to a video editor it is really really slow and all over the place but when i play the file on the camera it is clear as anything , the files also play fine on power dvd dx on my laptop.
    I have tried uploading them to windows live movie maker along with the codecs that i found on a forum but they just dont play smooth.
    I have also downloaded sony vagas hd movie maker 9 as the camera is a sony and still no joy they films just wont play - i have spent days trying to find an editor that will allow me to play them smooth and edit captions and titles ect but i just do it
    Please can anyone help one seriously frustrated man !
    Thank you very much i bet its down to something very simple !

Are you in the US or the UK ? When you say 720 60dpi do you really mean 720 60i which means 60 interlaced frames pre second.

The sony software you down loaded should be fine to do what you want. The problem could be that your hardware may be a little weak to cope with HD editing. Make sure you have set the correct project properties set in Vegas. Also try lowering the Preview quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Are you in the US or the UK ? When you say 720 60dpi do you really mean 720 60i which means 60 interlaced frames pre second.

The sony software you down loaded should be fine to do what you want. The problem could be that your hardware may be a little weak to cope with HD editing. Make sure you have set the correct project properties set in Vegas. Also try lowering the Preview quality.
    hi thanks for the reply i am in the u k , the vid camera settings were set at 720-60 i tried changeing the pre view and still the same probs i also tried the vagas settings in diff types when it asks about what the vid is played ie dvd , website ect but still no diff my laptop was only bought a few month s ago for 350 from dell you think this could be the prob even tho the m p 4 files play well on my laptop in power d v d ?cheers

There may be some other complication going on here. If your camera is shooting 60i this sounds like an American standard (NTSC) camera. Cameras in the UK (PAL) will normally shoot at 25p or 50i fps. Make sure your project properties are set for the video you really are shooting. ie if it really is 60i, which is unlikely with a UK camera then set it using the HDV 720 30p template. If it is actually 50i then use the HDV 720 25p template.

Hope this helps.